Sign in to follow this  
Ralvarez232

Cockpit Flashing Issue Fix for 32 bit sims

Hi! I posted this topic in the general forum and I'm opening as a new subject in the Falcon 50 forum. Just in case 😉

Hi. I´ve just downloaded and installed new Falcon 50 version 1.9F which includes this new realistic startup attitude animation. Wonderful, it adds a really nice touch of realism during the start up process. Regrettably, this new interior model file or any in recent updates do not include the Cockpit Flashing Issue Fix for 32 bit sims like mine (FSX SE), so when we install the fix we lose this new wonderful animation 😪. I'd appreciate very much your usual and outstanding customer support and attention in order to have a permanent fix for the flashing issue and that could be included in future updates. Thank you very much in advance!!

Best Regards,

Roberto

startup attitude animation

13 hours ago, Ralvarez232 said:

I'd appreciate very much your usual and outstanding customer support and attention in order to have a permanent fix for the flashing issue

Roberto,

Unfortunately I don't think an all encompassing permanent fix for this is really possible except by upgrading to a 64 bit sim. My understanding is the flashing issue happens because the 32 bit sims just can't handle the complexity of some aircraft like the Falcon 50. The flashing  'fixes' in the past have basically involved finding and deleting code ( and thus features) from the Falcon 50 simulation, and so I'm not surprised adding more code, like for the startup attitude animation, might cause a problem.

That's my understanding on this issue, but I'll alert Mark to your post here so we can get the info directly from FSW. I do know that finding what code in a particular aircraft is the source of flashing is a difficult and time consuming  'try it and see what happens' task which can also be system dependent to some extent. So a 'fix' that works for one system may not fix another. And how does FSW fix a flashing problem that, for whatever reason, does not occur on his particular 32bit sim? It's a frustrating problem for a customer oriented developer like FSW and I won't be surprised if future FSW aircraft, at least the more complex ones, are for 64 bit sims only, but that's just my view.

Al

Edited by ark

I need to update the 32 bit lite version tonight. So if you use this file download again. And yes like ark said the 32bit can't have the full systems or you will get flashing if your sim is using a high amount of resource. There are only a few customers with this issue so this is something specific to their pc. So we are not 100% why, which makes it tougher to fix. But we do know the 64bit can handle it. So we believe a mix between the 32bit and the specific pc running that sim and maybe what that sim has for addons and settings. 

Edited by Flysimware