Sign in to follow this  
Boeing or not going

Panel light bug happens every load in

Every time I load in now I have the panel lights but where the AP panel does not have working lights. I changed nothing except updating the Reality XP GTN. I want to fly this plane often and the panel lights bug is over 50% of the time normally. This week is 100% of the time. How can we fix it please!!

Edited by Boeing or not going

30 minutes ago, Boeing or not going said:

How can we fix it please!!

Assuming you are using P3Dv4.5, I suggest you delete all Lear35 saved flights, and then load the default F-35 before switching to the Lear35. This is easy to do and has helped others with similar problems in the past, so worth a try. Interestingly, on my system at least, starting with the default F-35 seems to work better than starting with some of the other default aircraft. My guess is this has to do with initiating sim variables.

If you are already using the F-35, then deleting all saved Lear flights would be what I'd try. After that, I'd try reinstalling the Lear.

Al

Edited by ark

2 hours ago, ark said:

Assuming you are using P3Dv4.5, I suggest you delete all Lear35 saved flights, and then load the default F-35 before switching to the Lear35. This is easy to do and has helped others with similar problems in the past, so worth a try. Interestingly, on my system at least, starting with the default F-35 seems to work better than starting with some of the other default aircraft. My guess is this has to do with initiating sim variables.

If you are already using the F-35, then deleting all saved Lear flights would be what I'd try. After that, I'd try reinstalling the Lear.

Al

Might help? I used to fly real zulu time and this week I have done different times in the menu setting a previous zulu time before starting but after selecting the Lear from the default plane. This week the panel bug has started more often. I will delete old files and try that suggestion of yours thanks.

Edited by Boeing or not going

I have tried many times to understand why this is happening and looked for a solution so that in any flight, these AP lights always work.

I followed the advice - the default airplane is F35, and now the autopilot lights work 100% on any new flight with Lear35.

But even in this case, if I go to the p3d4.5 menu to change the graphics settings or the date time or something else, then when I exit the P3D menu back to the airplane, the AP lights may not work again.

In this case, I just do a reload of the Lear35 without exiting the flight scenario and the AP lights again all work 100%.

This helps me and I am happy with 100% of the Lear35 flights.

Edited by Nickbe

Nick Bebyakin   / Handmade cameraset - Ezdok v2  and Ezdok v3
EZdok Software. Support remains on the     http://www.ezdok-camera.com/

i5-9500F@4.4GHz / 20Gb / RTX 2060-OC-6Gb / Win10x64 / MSFS2020

This is a VERY frustrating characteristic of both the Lear and Falcon. I don't own other FSW aircraft so I don't know whether they are affected similarly.

I have found NO solution that works 100%, every time I use either aircraft. As you mention, if you open any P3D menus it tends to cause certain panel lighting to quit working. In the Falcon, it seems the APU panel lights are the most troublesome for me. I don't remember the last time I had working APU panel lights at the end of a flight.

I don't understand what is unique about these aircraft, as NO other aircraft from any other vendor exhibits this behavior.

I really wish this issue could be fixed!

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

11 hours ago, somiller said:

really wish this issue could be fixed!

I understand the frustration, but don't know how to attack this problem because I can't reproduce it (and I don't think FSW can either). It seems only a relatively few have this problem, so I suspect it comes from a somewhat unique combination of one's system setup and the complexity ( and/or file size ) of the aircraft. 

Note the following is for the Falcon50.

A few users using FSX, FSX-SE or P3Dv3, etc., (32 bit sims) experienced flashing problems with the Falcon50. For these users FSW modified (reduced the complexity) of the interior model file and this modified file is available on the FSW website at https://flysimware.com/website2019/flysimwares-falcon-50/  With the modified file, the HF radio is non-functional and some of the cabin animations (e.g., tables) have been reduced. So if you own the Falcon50 for P3Dv4 (I assume the problem your are having is in P3Dv4), one experiment you could try would be to backup your Falcon50 interior model file ( called Falcon50_interior.MDL ) by temporarily renaming it (e.g., Falcon50_interior_ORIG.MDL) and substitute the modified interior model file to see if it makes a difference.

Edit:  See my post below.

The Falcon's interior model file is inside the Falcon's model folder. This test might provide some information about what is causing the problem you are having. If it fixes your Falcon50 issues, then maybe providing a similar 'fix' for the Lear35 might be worth a shot (although that is not my call).

Note that while this interior model file 'fix' is described as for 32 bit sims only, I don't see why it would not work in P3Dv4. To test this I just tried it myself ( although only while the Falcon was sitting on the ground) and it seems to work OK. I don't see any harm in giving it a try as you can easily go back to the original model file. If you try this fix reload the a/c each time you change the interior model file.

I don't know what else to suggest at this point.

Al

Edited by ark

10 hours ago, ark said:

Note that while this interior model file 'fix' is described as for 32 bit sims only, I don't see why it would not work in P3Dv4. To test this I just tried it myself ( although only while the Falcon was sitting on the ground) and it seems to work OK. I don't see any harm in giving it a try as you can easily go back to the original model file. If you try this fix reload the a/c each time you change the interior model file.

Mark tells me using the 32bit interior model in the 64 bit sim might cause problems with the landing and taxi lights. However, even if that happens it still may be a useful experiment to see if it cures other problems you might be having with the Falcon.  

What other complex aircraft do you have for P3Dv4 that work without a problem?

Al

Edited by ark

11 hours ago, somiller said:

I don't understand what is unique about these aircraft, as NO other aircraft from any other vendor exhibits this behavior.

1 hour ago, ark said:

However, even if that happens it still may be a useful experiment to see if it cures other problems you might be having with the Falcon.  

I've only had this problem on one plane other than Lear and Falcon. This was the Carenado PC-12 after I installed the PC12 Overhaul Mod by autogyro on it.

The mod is written in XML and fixes / adds the correct functioning of the PC-12. With this mod, on PC12, some buttons on the overhead sometimes do not have a light indication. When the model is restarted, the indication is restored.

Therefore, I still tend to believe that the problem is not in the model file, but in the XML code of the gauges. But of course I can be wrong about this.

I do want to hear if the 32 bit interior model worked although this model can't be the replacement. But good for a test.

Please list all the addons besides aircraft and airports you have on P3D and what version of P3D you use. Also if your using addon airports when this issue happened.

Some tests to try:

1. Turn down P3D settings.

2. Fly from default airport to another default airport.

3. And make sure you have the F-22 as the saved default flight. Then when you load the sim you load directly to the Lear or Falcon.

Edited by Flysimware

45 minutes ago, Flysimware said:

Some tests to try:

I'll try these tests tonight. Only I didn't quite understand what the item meant  - 1. Turn down P3D settings.

4 hours ago, ark said:

I see this occasionally, but rarely use P3D menus after loading a flight so not a massive issue for me.

But as for complex AC - PMDG NGX & 777, so pretty much as complex as they get, both run without an issue.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

7 hours ago, Nickbe said:

I'll try these tests tonight. Only I didn't quite understand what the item meant  - 1. Turn down P3D settings.

Most of the settings in P3D have a range from low to high, e.g., settings like AA, Level of detail radius, Texture resolution, Water Detail, Scenery complexity, Shadow settings, various Traffic settings, etc.The higher the settings the 'harder' it is on the system to keep up with everything.

Al

9 hours ago, Nickbe said:

Therefore, I still tend to believe that the problem is not in the model file, but in the XML code of the gauges.

This could very well be -- I just don't know. All FSW developed guages are in XML.

Al

15 hours ago, ark said:

Mark tells me using the 32bit interior model in the 64 bit sim might cause problems with the landing and taxi lights. However, even if that happens it still may be a useful experiment to see if it cures other problems you might be having with the Falcon.  

Al

Al,

I own PMDG 737, 777, 747; Majestic Q400 Pro; A2A Cherokee, 182, T-6; Milviz Beaver, PC-6; VRS F/A-18 SuperBug w/TacPack; Vertx DA62, and several other reasonably complex aircraft.

I have never modified the P3D default flight, so it is F-22 at KVPS. I start in the scenario screen, change aircraft to the Falcon or Lear and change location before launching the scenario.

When I have some spare time I'll try the dumbed-down interior and see if it makes a difference.

Reloading the aircraft after experiencing the panel light problem usually works, but sometimes not. As I indicated up-thread, the APU panel lights seem to be most problematic for me, and sometimes reloading will not bring them back.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

10 minutes ago, somiller said:

I have never modified the P3D default flight, so it is F-22 at KVPS. I start in the scenario screen, change aircraft to the Falcon or Lear and change location before launching the scenario.

Certainly sounds reasonable, although I found the default F-35 as a default flight works better for me than the F-22 -- don't know why. You might try deleting your current default flight and creating a new one. Other than that I'm afraid I don't have any other suggestions at this point.

Al

Edited by ark