Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 13th, 2020 – Development/Insider Update

1 hour ago, Mucker said:

All you guys who upgraded to 32GB could roll the dice again and take a stick or two out and go back to 16GB 

I feel your pain though.

So now people need to REMOVE ram to get access, this is just too funny 🙂 Good one!

• Like 2

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

6 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

The moon should not be in front of the clouds.  That one stood out right away.

They appear to be cirrus clouds.  So, the brightness of the moon on such a clear night could render them invisible depending on how thin they are.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, ual763 said:

They appear to be cirrus clouds.  So, the brightness of the moon on such a clear night could render them invisible depending on how thin they are.

Commercial pilot here, it doesn't look like that in real life.

It stood out immediately.  Even with high, thin cirrus clouds ... the moon would not appear as sharp as that.

• Upvote 2

Asobo/MS, my birthday is 2/20.  Access to test your beautiful sim would be a nice gift.  I happen to have 16GB ram as well.  My insider username is Brandon01110.   🙂

Edited by Brandon0110
  • Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

3 minutes ago, Brandon0110 said:

Asobo/MS, my birthday is 2/20.  Access to test your beautiful sim would be a nice gift.  I happen to have 16GB ram as well. 🙂

I've been trying to get in as a commercial pilot, a software engineer, a Flight Simulator user since the 1980s, and a laptop with a 1660TI in it an an i9.

No luck so far, not sure why exactly.  I could certainly provide some valuable feedback for the team.

Edited by Gulfstream
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Carts85 said:

Upgraded from 16gb to 32gb purely for the alpha an now may miss out again as no doubt they will focus on access for 16gb (head in hands) 

There is no app out there that demands 32GB RAM, it was a requirement at first for safety running purposes but now they will progbably search for low end potatoes as the sim gets compressed and smooth so I dont know how much you spent in that ram but it was definetly like throwing aways dollars in the air by a windy bridge.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, mSparks said:

I think this is among the best/clearest screenshots Ive seen yet to show how well they are doing the lighting.

COPENHAGEN_FalconUAV-scaled.jpg

shadows off the objects, reflections on the water and even done well on far off objects in the distance. 

not sure about the trees, look maybe the same as the central park shot. But placed well.

terrain mesh on the river sections is lower quality than i like, but i'm special in that regard.

Deliver this at high framerates to accessible hardware (xbox2020 and better) and they may just get the 10 years they need to finish it.

I know it's not major but I've seen you say this a few times. It's called Xbox Series X. 

4 minutes ago, mpozzi said:

they will probably search for low end potatoes

I doubt that very much, possible though.  My system is reasonably high end.  I have ONLY 16GB because of what you pointed out about not really needing more.  I surely dont for what I have used my system for.  I do plan on upgrading to a AMD 3950X 16c/32t 3080Ti and 64GB 3600mhz when the gfx card is released in anticipation to this sim and other future titles.

• Upvote 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

Interesting...Ryanbatc.  What an interesting username!

• Like 6

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

21 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

It stood out immediately.  Even with high, thin cirrus clouds ... the moon would not appear as sharp as that.

I agree that it doesn't look as sharp, even with a pitch black sky. This should be something easy to correct though.

4 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Interesting...Ryanbatc.  What an interesting username!

I knew I had seen that username on AVSIM somewhere!

• Like 2

Mid march: per-release timeline update.  Well that is something to really look forward to. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, Brandon0110 said:

I doubt that very much, possible though.  My system is reasonably high end.  I have ONLY 16GB because of what you pointed out about not really needing more.  I surely dont for what I have used my system for.  I do plan on upgrading to a AMD 3950X 16c/32t 3080Ti and 64GB 3600mhz when the gfx card is released in anticipation to this sim and other future titles.

I thought I'd get in because I'm currently on a lowly 10 MBS DSL with a very high-end gaming laptop, which is a mix-and-match of specifications.

But no luck so far.

26 minutes ago, mpozzi said:

There is no app out there that demands 32GB RAM, it was a requirement at first for safety running purposes but now they will progbably search for low end potatoes as the sim gets compressed and smooth so I dont know how much you spent in that ram but it was definetly like throwing aways dollars in the air by a windy bridge.

According to other users in here, X-Plane and in some cases Prepar3D can make use of 32GB RAM with some add-ons. Considering that Microsoft Flight Simulator will have a generally higher level of detail than current simulators, and that the next-generation consoles will pack more RAM and use their SSDs as cache, I don't think 32GB RAM is a bad investment at all today.

4 minutes ago, Brandon0110 said:

Mid march: per-release timeline update.  Well that is something to really look forward to. 

The same deliverable is in mid-April as well, so there is still quite some time until we get there. I have the feeling that this would have been Tech Alpha 3 had development not progressed more than they anticipated.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2