Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 13th, 2020 – Development/Insider Update

16 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

According to other users in here, X-Plane and in some cases Prepar3D can make use of 32GB RAM with some add-ons. Considering that Microsoft Flight Simulator will have a generally higher level of detail than current simulators, and that the next-generation consoles will pack more RAM and use their SSDs as cache, I don't think 32GB RAM is a bad investment at all today.

X-Plane and P3D are not modern simulators, they have roots in the 1990s.

With today's technology you can do a lot more with a lot less.  Unfortunately for them, they can not "reboot" from the ground-up at this stage.  It's not feasible.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, shawty1984 said:

It's called Xbox Series X. 

that is one confirmed device in an as yet unconfirmed series of xbox2020 devices.

We dont even know for sure if its the high end or the low end of xbox2020. ill probably start using actual device names after XO20.

Personally Ill want more than the announced specs of series x to consider replacing the ps4. They seem a marginal upgrade at best.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

The draw distance on the night lighting is big deal to me. I hate how short the range is of the dynamic lighting in XP11.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, jlund said:

Can someone name the places in the different screenshots, please?

Pictures 1, 2, 3 and 4 I have no idea. Picture 5 seems to be somewhere int the US. Picture 6 is Rio de Janeiro. Pictures 7 and 8 appear to be Orlando and San Francisco respectively. 

Edited by Daniel_Santoro

41 minutes ago, ryanbatcund said:

Interesting...Ryanbatc.  What an interesting username!

Ahem cough cough...

I'm surprised their allusion to the community this week didn't say anything about the leaked footage, haha.  It's both fun and reassuring the way they make it clear that they are totally reading and aware of what people are saying about the sim.

Just now, Brandon0110 said:

Asobo/MS, my birthday is 2/20.  Access to test your beautiful sim would be a nice gift.  I happen to have 16GB ram as well.  My insider username is Brandon01110.   🙂

"16 Golf Bravo, you are cleared to take off"

On Reddit there is people with invites from today. All looks like NASA computers, 32 or even 64 GB. RTX2080, etc. 

looks like 16GolfBravo are grounded 

• Like 1

What caught my eye was the promise of an in game aircraft editor. That will be great. 

• Like 4

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

33 minutes ago, mpozzi said:

"16 Golf Bravo, you are cleared to take off"

Can anyone clear me for takeoff already?

Just PM me.  😆

3 hours ago, OHN767 said:

Wow major update, well it turned out to be a major disappointment

Just no pleasing some people. WoW!!!

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

16GB patience hype! As a sidenote, something happened to my profile and the DxDiag that I attached way back when was removed. I had to generate a new one. Just a little PSA for anyone who hasn't checked in a while, it may have been removed from your profile.

Yes, i also checked mine and my dxdiag.xml file was removed too.. once i uploaded it, it said thanks for completing the survey... which i completed the first day alpha sign up started 😂

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Ridvan Celik said:

Yes, i also checked mine and my dxdiag.xml file was removed too.. once i uploaded it, it said thanks for completing the survey... which i completed the first day alpha sign up started 😂

I'll try again then, that's interesting.

Be careful with this, the dxdiag defaults to .txt, they want the XML file.  Change the file type.

Edited by Gulfstream

Just now, YVRDXBLHR said:

Same problem here. My dxdiag file was missing, re-uploaded it. Very strange.

what do you care if it was missing ? it means you didn't make it in the firs rows and maybe now you will but you need to upload a fresh dxdiag.