Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 13th, 2020 – Development/Insider Update

3 hours ago, Noooch said:

Any idea what that is, could we design liveries ?

Its for tweaking the FDE. Modifying the flight model. Something I did numerous times with FSX. 

It does say "aircraft parameters" including the flight model though. Not sure what those other parameters would be. 

Edited by martin-w

6 minutes ago, Grindathotte said:

It would be nice if, in between Feature Discovery videos, they could just release a bit of in-game footage for us to drool over.

One short full flight between 2 airports every week would be nice. There are many tester to give task to.. 

• Like 2

9900k@5GHz, 32GB@3200 RAM, Strix RTX 2080ti, VKB Gladiator mkii, VKB rudder pedals 

2 hours ago, Claviateur said:

I use the Render tool that forces extra ranges in the graphic settings (just like we used to do with a cfg for FSX) and I got some far away dynamic lights displaying.

Unless this is not the dynamic lights you are talking about...

You are close to the ground in both those pics so I can't really tell anything.

Unless something new has changed in the last year, XP11 doesn't have the ability to project dynamic lighting past a fairly short range (I think it's only 4 or 7nm). That's why they put that update out that uses baked lighted textures past the light range to cover up the lack of dynamic lighting (doesn't work with orthos, only default ground textures).

Last I heard, they weren't going to try to extend the range of the dynamic lights until Vulcan. 

Edited by bonchie

8 minutes ago, bonchie said:

You are close to the ground in both those pics so I can't really tell anything.

Unless something new has changed in the last year, XP11 doesn't have the ability to project dynamic lighting past a fairly short range (I think it's only 4 or 7nm). That's why they put that update out that uses baked lighted textures past the light range to cover up the lack of dynamic lighting (doesn't work with orthos, only default ground textures).

Last I heard, they weren't going to try to extend the range of the dynamic lights until Vulcan. 

Well true, these are the only screenshots I had ready as examples of extended dynamic light. 

But as I said, the extended lights are not produced with the GUI options of the graphic settings, you need to use the Render tool to override the in-sim settings with extra ranges and values. At the expense of performance no doubt...

But all in all, I can certainly see dynamic lights way beyond the ranges you mentioned with the Render tool. I just don't have a screenshot from higher altitude and with no fog / haze.

But then MSFS uses a newer gen and stronger world engine that will have a more true to life dynamic light as well as atmospheric light in terms of everything including range of coverage/visibility.

Edited by Claviateur

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

the screenshots look fantastic (no qualifications).  A finished product should hope to look that good.

FalconUAV and Ryanbatc shots and that one near DisneyWorld in the rain are my favorites but I also love the way the moon shines in the water.

I feel sorry for Asobo.  If they don't put enough 'man in the moon', they get criticized...if they put too much detail for the lighting conditions they get criticized.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

1 minute ago, azulkb said:

what we have to say is that there are places in the world completely forgotten or not feasible by addon producers, for which bing has good data.

I have an example in mind, I googled, no addon producer in any simulator has anything to offer. And where Google and Bing are pretty good.

An addon producer could do something on this place but you'd have to think about it. Or do it yourself, outside of my skills or the skills of the general public...

so in a traditional simulator most of the time you just have to hope and wait... that one day an addon producer will come up with the idea to develop this location that you like and that you've already visited in real life.

And since this location bing is pretty well endowed, well in the game it will certainly be beautiful.

Like anything in Michigan. Lol

21 minutes ago, sightseer said:

they get criticized.

Unfortunately there will always be habitual complainers! :biggrin:

Edited by jpc55
  • Like 2

Thanks to those giving a heads up about the missing dxdiag. I signed up when they first allowed us to join the Alpha, might have to do this all over again...

• Upvote 1

Sante Sottile

20 hours ago, eaim said:

Hopefully those that deserve to get in the Alpha will do so from today, through to next week.

I still cannot login to fsinsider will this hinder my chances to get an invite?

28 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

Try different browsers, logging out from your MS account via some other MS place and then back in again on the FS site, clear cookies and cached data. Also try another device if you have one.

I couldn't login on my laptop before but always could on my flight sim PC.

Edited by threegreen

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

8 minutes ago, threegreen said:

Try different browsers, logging out from your MS account via some other MS place and then back in again on the FS site, clear cookies and cached data.

I relied on my cache to remember my username and cannot retrieve it so am unable to login using another browser.

I don't want to wash out my cookies and cache as I would have to re-enter so many passwords long forgotten. 

Poor user management I guess

31 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

Have you tried MS Edge, it's the only way that I can successfully login to the Insider area.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

8 minutes ago, peppy197 said:

Poor user management I guess

The site is just really a mess. It was a nuisance for the most part but now I also had to re-upload the dxdiag file. This one is a bit concerning considering people might not be in the loop of the file suddenly missing.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD