Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 13th, 2020 – Development/Insider Update

3 minutes ago, eaim said:

Have you tried MS Edge, it's the only way that I can successfully login to the Insider area.

I guess my management aint all bad, i found my ID on my password cheat sheet listing

Will try on Edge on my laptop

20 hours ago, eaim said:

Hopefully those that deserve to get in the Alpha will do so from today, through to next week.

For those of us who remember when phones were still attached to walls, it's like waiting by the phone to see if that girl you called will call you back, fearing the call will never come. 😧

• Like 1

Kevin Young

1 hour ago, peppy197 said:

I guess my management aint all bad, i found my ID on my password cheat sheet listing

Will try on Edge on my laptop

I can login to MSFS website with any browser I have installed, except Chrome.

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

1 minute ago, Claviateur said:

I can login to MSFS website with any browser I have installed, except Chrome.

worked from my laptop, signed in, noticed no option to renew dxdiag so I re-uploaded it as a new one, now the option to renew is listed....do not know why that happened 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mesaba 116 said:

For those of us who remember when phones were still attached to walls, it's like waiting by the phone to see if that girl you called will call you back, fearing the call will never come. 😧

I literally went to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in the 90s, I graduated with a 3.8 in Aero Sci, Professional Pilot program.

I am now (due to medical) a software engineer of 30 years with a high powered gaming laptop running two 1080p monitors in headless mode (one HDMI, one Mini DisplayPort) remote team lead experience, a yoke, pedals, and everything else I used to practice my IFR approaches in.

Still not invited.

Edited by Gulfstream

44 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

I literally went to Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University in the 90s, I graduated with a 3.8 in Aero Sci, Professional Pilot program.

I am now (due to medical) a software engineer of 30 years with a high powered gaming laptop running two 1080p monitors in headless mode (one HDMI, one Mini DisplayPort) remote team lead experience, a yoke, pedals, and everything else I used to practice my IFR approaches in.

Still not invited.

You might be "overqualified" and the opposite of what they're looking for which is why a lot of members on here haven't received invites.

Edited by YVRDXBLHR

I kind of wished they did a paid Alpha even, I'd definitely be onboard (no pun intended) for that. Alas, we'll just have to play the waiting game and hope we get the invite. Kind of demoralizing that I had to re-upload my DxDiag file today, makes me thinking I've been put all the way back in the queue or something,

Edited by markbrandon
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Gulfstream said:

Still not invited.

There are some ATPs and CFIs and lots of private pilot over there. I don't think they look at your credentials, but rather your rig setup LOL I have CFI with 18+ year flying experience  and software engineering degree, yet I still got only into the third wave of alpha  

• Upvote 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

I think as the number of applicants may be huge they also use some kind of lottery? 

I am just your average Vatsim hobby pilot and I have access to the Alpha. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, markbrandon said:

I kind of wished they did a paid Alpha even, I'd definitely be onboard (no pun intended) for that. Alas, we'll just have to play the waiting game and hope we get the invite. Kind of demoralizing that I had to re-upload my DxDiag file today, makes me thinking I've been put all the way back in the queue or something,

That might come into play when preorders open up.

• Like 1

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

1 minute ago, markbrandon said:

They had a pay to play option for the FSX beta. You had to get access to a gaming site and if you signed up for their monthly package you got access to the beta. 

21 hours ago, Gulfstream said:

Commercial pilot here, it doesn't look like that in real life.

It stood out immediately.  Even with high, thin cirrus clouds ... the moon would not appear as sharp as that.

I’m a real world pilot too.  Went to UND though, instead of ERAU such as yourself.  Not like any of that matters though, as anyone can look up at the sky from the ground and see the same thing without having any of our fancy certificates.

Again, it all depends on the thickness of the cirrus layer, and also the brightness/relative size of the moon.

30-F7-D4-CA-25-E3-41-E6-84-B6-506-DC9-C5

Edited by ual763
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

I have found that if you log out of your microsoft account on microsoft.com, then go to flightsimulator and click on the icon at the top right and click on login there it works.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I have found that if you log out of your microsoft account on microsoft.com, then go to flightsimulator and click on the icon at the top right and click on login there it works.

Still can't get it working on Google Chrome. Only way for me to log-in is on Microsoft Edge (and curiously, I didn't even have to input my log-in details).

2 hours ago, ual763 said:

I’m a real world pilot too.  Went to UND though, instead of ERAU such as yourself.

Nice, UND, the "other one" unless you want to go to the military 🙂

Joking of course, there are a lot of others, but like the "Big 4" accounting firms, there are still the "Big 2" of aviation.

I liked driving my Jeep Wrangler with no top or doors on the beach in the winter though.  Your winters were probably a bit worse!

Anyway, back on topic!  I want in to the tech review!

Edited by Gulfstream
  • Like 1