Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 13th, 2020 – Development/Insider Update

2 hours ago, Kopteeni said:

Just upload it again. I (and many others) had the same issue

Just to add to that, you can go to the "Flighting Signup" tab on the top of the site, which should direct you to the DxDiag step of the original survey. There you can input the DxDiag and "complete" the survey again.

59 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Just to add to that, you can go to the "Flighting Signup" tab on the top of the site, which should direct you to the DxDiag step of the original survey. There you can input the DxDiag and "complete" the survey again.

I have the same issue but I can’t see “Flighting Signup” anywhere,  would you mind putting a screenshot up? 

3 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

It was in the top navi but seems to be gone now

The direct link takes me to a page announcing the end of the Tech Alpha 2 registration: https://www.flightsimulator.com/flighting-signup/

And I am getting a "Flight Not Found" message. This is weird...

It sucks if they took down the page now. They really should have posted a public announcement regarding the DxDiag deletion before doing so.

Just now, ChaoticBeauty said:

And I am getting a "Flight Not Found" message. This is weird...

It sucks if they took down the page now. They really should have posted a public announcement regarding the DxDiag deletion before doing so.

It may have been a bug, I don't know why they would go about deleting the submitted files. Let's hope this doesn't mean there's now a whole lot of people uneligible to join the Alpha due to missing dxdiag files...

1 minute ago, Kopteeni said:

It may have been a bug, I don't know why they would go about deleting the submitted files. Let's hope this doesn't mean there's now a whole lot of people uneligible to join the Alpha due to missing dxdiag files...

Definitely an issue, as the site has been extremely buggy for several weeks now and is in need of a major overhaul. It is not confirmed that the actual DxDiag file was lost and the missing "change DxDiag file" notice was just an error, but if it was, they should speak up about the issue and open a new recruitment process for a short while.

But then you get a large of amount of people who cannot even log-in to the site, and who might not be able to upload the file again if they allow it for some time...

• Upvote 2

Disappointing to what is already quite a frustrating process for anyone not in an now possibly ruled out for another round.

14 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Definitely an issue, as the site has been extremely buggy for several weeks now and is in need of a major overhaul. It is not confirmed that the actual DxDiag file was lost and the missing "change DxDiag file" notice was just an error, but if it was, they should speak up about the issue and open a new recruitment process for a short while.

But then you get a large of amount of people who cannot even log-in to the site, and who might not be able to upload the file again if they allow it for some time...

I'm dropping this link just in case it would allow you to upload the file. It's a link for reuploading the file in the profile page: https://www.flightsimulator.com/flighting-signup/?current_step=dxdiag_upload

It now says registration has closed for Tech Alpha 2.  I did re-upload my dxdiag file on Thursday because it was missing.  I checked a few weeks ago and the file was still there, but was missing this week.  Microsoft should post something about the missing dxdiag files.  They tweeted on Friday about login issues for the insider hub.

Edited by chuckyb
  • Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, chuckyb said:

It now says registration has closed for Tech Alpha 2.  I did re-upload my dxdiag file on Thursday because it was missing.  I checked a few weeks ago and the file was still there, but was missing this week.  Microsoft should post something about the missing dxdiag files.  They tweeted on Friday about login issues for the insider hub.

I wrote them to support on Friday Europe morning regarding this. But no response by now. 

Someone on Twitter said that they resubmitted their DxDiag and got an invite the following day. Unless they choose participants while a wave is going on, it might mean that it's an error only on the site and that DxDiag files are not gone from their database. If anyone who missed the chance to upload it gets an invite, it would be much appreciated if they reported so in here.

Said Twitter user has 32GB RAM by the way.

1 hour ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

No one's received invites yesterday or today so is invite process over?

No, it ends on Tuesday. They probably aren't working on weekends.

6 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Which makes me think. Isn’t it’s easier for everyone to make those waves from Monday to Friday? 

Edited by aleex

40 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Wouldn't it be an automated process as a opposed to actual people sending out invites?