Sign in to follow this  
logbook305

Parrallel 42 AKA Chase Plane

For those with Prepar3D v4.5 and are thinking of purchasing any of the former great products from what was Old Prop(chase Plane, Immersion products, Precipt) don"t bother.He has joined Orbx, which I use and really like, so that none of his products now launch or run properly. They state the problem is SIMCONNECT but I cannot verify that. Just use caution if you plan to spend your money.

HMCS(FMF/SW) F. Smith US Navy(RET)

Works fine for me, just had to reset the key bindings I was using for each view. Other than that can't say I've noticed a difference.....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I've also had zero issues since they made the switch to ORBX. I've been using it on a daily basis and also transferred my purchases over to the ORBX website without a hitch.

13600K @ 5.6 | Gigabyte Windforce 4090 | LG C2 42"

30 minutes ago, vrdubin6 said:

I've also had zero issues since they made the switch to ORBX. I've been using it on a daily basis and also transferred my purchases over to the ORBX website without a hitch.

+1...zero problems here.

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

1 hour ago, vrdubin6 said:

+1

Did you have to create new views also or just assign new key values to each view?  Right now mine is registered in the orbx app.  But I still have it installed the original way.  Since I've not heard of any updates, I saw no need to mess with it any further.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

11 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Did you have to create new views also or just assign new key values to each view?  Right now mine is registered in the orbx app.  But I still have it installed the original way.  Since I've not heard of any updates, I saw no need to mess with it any further.  

I installed through Orbx and just had to do the key assignments for the individual views again, everything else carried over...

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

55 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

I installed through Orbx and just had to do the key assignments for the individual views again, everything else carried over...

G

It was supposed to be a simple transferring process, so I don't understand why do we have to repeat the process of adding the key bindings to each one of the hundreds of presets we've created. A big step back here. Also, no more purchases through ORBX for me, since they don't accept PayPal.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

I’ve had to redo my bindings as well.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

I haven't done the migration process yet, but are you sure that's accurate??  Not making sense to me, if all the bindings are housed on a server those can get migrated also.  If all the bindings are housed locally in a file, then I would image we use the local file?

Cheers, Rob.

Hi Rob, not sure of course, since I have not migrated either, but that is what is being reported by other fellow users right here. I wish is not true, but it seems we'll have to redo everything regarding the key bindings.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

There is really no incentive that I'm aware to fully migrate over right?  Other than just handling the license swap to orbx

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

No updates if you dont migrate. That is a major incentive. I had to do my bindings also

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

I migrated Chaseplane and Immersion packages from OldProp to Parallel42 on ORBX.

Now problems. All Presets, Licences, Key Bindings got migrated well. 

Works fine. No issues at all. 

P3Dv4.5H2. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

The opening message is typical of the "I cannot operated software" message being turned into "the software is faulty". Understandable but incorrect. There is a forum at The Orbx forums specifically to help out and the developer seems to be answering in a timely manner and correcting things as required. Perhaps a post there instead would solve the problem.

No problemo here at all except my own fault trying to install it via Central 3 after a system image backup . My mistake

Other than that works great

Only issue so far which has nothing to do with migration is the hat switch view stutter panning down. Any ideers ?

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png