Sign in to follow this  
RodgerC

Altitude Assignment Problem

In my IFR flight plan I filed for FL230.  Upon climbout was given various altitudes to climb to.  Upon reaching FL200 ATC controller kept telling me to descend and maintain FL200, while all the time I'm at FL200.  So I commenced a climb to FL230 to see what would happen and about FL225 I was told to expedite descent to FL200.  So I go back to FL200 and for  2.5 hours about every 20-30 seconds ATC kept telling me to descend and maintain FL200.  I was also using Little NavMap and it said my actual altitude was 20,459.  So I decided to descend to 19,500 and all of a sudden the calls to descend to FL200 stopped.  Altimeter setting was correct at 29.92 so I'm still not sure why I had to descend 500 feet to get the calls to stop.   Any idea why this happened?

Rodger

Edited by C130FE

If you didn't set the altimeter to standard pressure: 29.92 or 1300, then that could have caused you to be off altitude more than the settable tolerance.  

Or, if you tolerance is set too low, then it can easily be off.  Try raising "Allowed Altitude Variance" on the ATC Settings tab of Config to a higher number.

Dave

2 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If you didn't set the altimeter to standard pressure: 29.92 or 1300, then that could have caused you to be off altitude more than the settable tolerance.  

Or, if you tolerance is set too low, then it can easily be off.  Try raising "Allowed Altitude Variance" on the ATC Settings tab of Config to a higher number.

Dave

Will do, thanks Dave.

Hi Dave 

Im actually having the same issue,never happen before.

My altimeter was set correct,I just did what you mention and request “allowed Altitude’

Check if the altimeter reading in P2ATC itself is the same (top right corner of GUI), I've noticed sometimes when i'm above transition it stays on local QNH when it should be at STD 1013/29.92

Cheers, Andy.