Sign in to follow this  
oneleg

Completely start over - uninstall everything! How?

How do I quickly uninstall everything including add-ons?  I have add-ons from Flight1, Just Flight, Flysimware, Milviz, Carenado, PCAviator, Hifi (Active Sky), Rex, Reality-XP GTN & GNS, Orbx (50+ sceneries), etc. Everything is installed in a non-system drive (F:) using Windows 10 Pro.

I'm tempted to just reformat the disk but I'm concerned about add-on licenses (I learned a bad lesson uninstalling DCS' simulators eg. their A10-C simulator, without first de-activating their Starforce based license). Is there a publisher that I should be extra careful with so as to avoid re-installation issues later on?

Thank you.

Hardware: i7-8700k with H60 Corsair cooling, GTX 1070-ti, 16GB 3200 Mhz, and lots disk space (TB's of free space) on NVMe and SSD drives.
Software: Windows 10, P3Dv4, FSX Steam, Dell 27" GSYNC monitor (not sure if this benefits FSX at all) and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

You'll need to de-activate PMDG and FSDreamTeam add-ons from within the sim to retain the licenses for reinstallation.  FSPS add-ons need de-activatiion from within the software.  FSLabs add-ons should be uninstalled.  I think ORBX sceneries need to be uninstalled using FTX Central, but not certain of that.  And of course P3D itself needs to be uninstalled before reformatting as well.

Bob Scott | AVSIM Forums Administrator | AVSIM Board of Directors

ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System: i7-8086K @ 5.3GHz on custom water loop, ASUS Maximus XI Hero, 16GB 3600MHz CAS15, eVGA 2080Ti XC Ultra, Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz, 2x1TB Samsung SSD 970Pro NVMe+850 Pro SATA 3, eVGA 1KW PSU

SB XFi Titanium, optical link to Yamaha RX-V467, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf spkrs, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro, PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensors, Coolermaster HAF932 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Hi All

I have a similar question in that I’m planning on buying a new system (my current system is over 7 years old) is there a step by step guide anywhere for how to deactivate everything and reinstall on a new system?

Many thanks

regards

G

@w6kd Thank you for the heads up especially with regards to FSDreamTeam. I haven't used them much lately.

I probably shouldn't have bought them since lately I've been doing GA flights mostly but their holiday sales in the past have been too good to pass up.  eg. GSX, XPOI, Hawaiian Airports, etc.

Hardware: i7-8700k with H60 Corsair cooling, GTX 1070-ti, 16GB 3200 Mhz, and lots disk space (TB's of free space) on NVMe and SSD drives.
Software: Windows 10, P3Dv4, FSX Steam, Dell 27" GSYNC monitor (not sure if this benefits FSX at all) and lots of addons (100+ mostly Orbx stuff).

On 2/14/2020 at 4:09 AM, Gandalf said:

Hi All

I have a similar question in that I’m planning on buying a new system (my current system is over 7 years old) is there a step by step guide anywhere for how to deactivate everything and reinstall on a new system?

Many thanks

regards

G

Don't do it - just reload (and or download) everything on the new system.

Its faster and easier.

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5, MJC Q400, Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Intel NVME drives, 970 Video, 4.4 Ghz Intel 1150. Turboprops and RJ's only.