Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Flight1 GTN Complete problems

Hello all.

I have a huge problem here with this add on.

I have downloaded this programme many times through the Purchase Agent, and every time I do so, I follow up with a download of the Garmin GTN trainers. After set up and install, when I load A P3D, GTN equipped aircraft I get, firstly, a box telling me that "Cannot find MSVCR120.dll.  Please reinstall this application The box is labelled Themida" This does not tell me which programme needs to be reinstalled, but I have read that if it is indeed, Themida, it is not really a great programme to have on ones system. If it is Themida, which programme is installing it (unbeknownst to me) ie Flight1 or Garmin and whichever it is putting it there, is it absolutely necessary?. I cannot for the life of me find it on my system so I cannot uninstall it.

After this unpleasant interude, when the aircraft loads, I get another box

Quote Error starting GTN PC Trainer

We have detected that the GTN PC Trainer has not started. Because of this, the F1GTN will not functionUnquote

this then goes on to tell me that AVAST/AVG (neither of which is installed) could be interfering with the PC Trainer. The only comment I want to make regarding this, is that, I always disable my AVIRA antivirus before downloading either the F1GTN or the Garmain PC Trainer. (based on this message)

My question is "how can I turn on the GTN PC Trainer?  hint ... kissing it does not help LOL

Any advice is appreciated as always.

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

42 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

...hint ... kissing it does not help LOL

Well... if kissing it doesn't help then you might be out of luck! 😁

This is where I'd start... the first easiest thing to do is make sure the Garmin Trainer works.  It should be listed in your Win 10 Start Menu as "Garmin Aviation Trainers".  If you see it there start the app on your desktop.  It will look just what it will look like in the cockpit... and function the same as well.

If you don't see the Garmin app in your Start Menu then check to make sure it installed in the correct location: C:\Program Files (x86), and in a folder titled "Garmin" (bet you didn't see that coming? 😉).  The Garmin Trainer must be installed there... anyplace else and it will not function.

If the Garmin Trainer (or a portion of it) installed in the correct location, I would next make sure that the Windows Defender Service is set as "Disabled".  If it is not disabled Defender may now be messing with the installation after you disabled AVIRA.

HTH,

Greg

There are a number of GTN users that are complaining at the Flight1 forum and not getting any satisfaction.. 

Personally, I have given up on Flight1 (after using their gauges for many years) and switched all my airplanes to RXP.  Don't know what has happened at Flight1, but their product quality and user support seem to have evaporated..

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Greg,

I assure you, and all, it is listed in the start menu (surprisingly under "G" LOL and there is a folder installed in C/program (x86)Garmin /Trainers/Launcher and Packages folders. As usual both these programmes GTN 750 and the Garmin PC Trainers have been install "Run as Administrator"

Bert,

I have to agree with you, with regard to Flight1. Other than a set few pieces of advice, nothing is their fault ... they appear to take no responsibility.  They seem to place enormous emphasis on the role of antivirus programmes and it is very hard to get anything other than the same advice over and over again.

My biggest Flightsim purchase regret is buying the GTN which has never worked properly. Unfortunately, my favourite aircraft (iFly) come from that stable.

I am at my wits end here and Flight 1 support is just aggravating the problem,

I will try installing both programmes with defender disabled and my antivirus off. Just see what happens.

Thanks Guys for you replies.

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

5 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

There are a number of GTN users that are complaining at the Flight1 forum and not getting any satisfaction.. 

Personally, I have given up on Flight1 (after using their gauges for many years) and switched all my airplanes to RXP.  Don't know what has happened at Flight1, but their product quality and user support seem to have evaporated..

Got to agree there, quite a lot of people with the same issues and get given same advice which never appears to work.

With issues getting worse with the later issues I ended up buying the RXP just to see if it was the trainer or the Flight1 software. Not an issue since, works perfectly every flight, performance seems better as well.

Didn't want to lose the "complete" as I only have RXP 750, but since the F1 650 wouldn't even turn on it's less of a loss!

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Hello G,

I went to the forum they recommended and noted all of the above.

My problem now is that I want to get RXP for XPlane 11 too which means buy two of the GTN750 (I did'nt use the GTN 650 when I did get the Flight1 to work occasionally.) and I believe that the RXP version will allow you to install 2 x 750s into the same cockpit.

However, cost is paramount here (I am an aged pensioner) and ideally it would be better (financially) for me to get the Flight1 version to work properly. Unfortunately, I am really starting to regard this whole set up as FRAUD in capital letters. As I said, Flight1 is faultless, blameless and uncooperative into the bargain. As a by-product they don't supply solutions either. For me, it is hard not to see it as fraud.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Just an aside, Jean-Luc must be laughing so hard at the antics of Flight 1, he would be close to splitting his breeches. It must bode extremely well for RXP sales

Tony

• Like 2

Tony Chilcott.

4 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

My problem now is that I want to get RXP for XPlane 11 too which means buy two of the GTN750 (I did'nt use the GTN 650 when I did get the Flight1 to work occasionally.) and I believe that the RXP version will allow you to install 2 x 750s into the same cockpit.

Yes, you can have 2x750 running with the RXP, I tend not to do that as neither they or Flight1 have crossfill working (not supported in the trainer).

My thoughts were the same as yours regarding the RXP and Flight1 fixing theirs, my situation temporarily similar (on unpaid medical leave) - however tried the RXP as it is sold via the Flight1 wrapper - so if Flight1 actually fix theirs within a month you could credit the RXP. That said I wouldn't hold my breath for that....

G

G,

I will have to follow this up because If Jean-Luc is selling via Flight1 only, I will give it a complete miss. I have no desire, whatsoever, to spend any further money with them.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

11 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

I will have to follow this up because If Jean-Luc is selling via Flight1 only, I will give it a complete miss. I have no desire, whatsoever, to spend any further money with them.

I would reconsider that, as much as their tech support on this issue has been hopeless they are the only vendor I know if that allows you to refund a product for any reason.

Have done that many times, when finding issues with a product whether quality or technical, or just it not filling the niche I was hoping it would. Never had an issue with that.

At least buying the RXP through them you are still getting support from RXP, and not Flight1 who then have to refer everything to whoever wrote their software for them..

G

Gary,

If that is the case why are they not referring the Flight1 product to the developer, or whoever wrte the programme in the first place.

In a nutshell, I want to support Flight1 in exactly the same manner as they have supported me.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

5 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

If that is the case why are they not referring the Flight1 product to the developer, or whoever wrte the programme in the first place.

In a nutshell, I want to support Flight1 in exactly the same manner as they have supported me.

You would certainly hope that they have, but since it appears that the actual developer doesn't participate in their forums and/or do any direct support it's hard to tell if anything is going on.

Certainly would put me off buying any "Flight1" products from them, although for my part if I can get support direct, then I would purchase 3rd party products through the store. But I can understand where you are coming from.

G

Gary,

I am just finding it harder and harder to buy any product from any commercial outfit that is not the original developer.

I look at the track record of the Australian Flight sim store, Sim Markets antics and now Flight1 as well as couple of others.

If finances are limited, one has to be careful and Flight1 has bitten me once. 

I will approach Jean-Luc and see if there is any alternative to Flight1. Regardless of Jean-Lucs' proven support and reliability, I just do NOT want to give Flight1 a cut or percentage, particularly if they are simply referring problems to Jean.  

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Are you up to date with the lastest versions, in add and remove programs you should see:-

F1 GTN Complete               ver  2.13

Garmin Aviation Trainers    ver 2.6.0.0 ( this will install Garmi sw version 6.62 )

and the lastest version of the G500-G600   is 1.06

using the F1 Purchase Agent is best run as Admin, and I find I have to delete the download history.

bob

edit....     I use the F1 config tool to alter the cpu core from 'Auto' to 'all cores.

Edited by onebob

Bob,

I have used the purchase agent, and run the F1 updater. If that is not the correct ie latest, version then they have just added another problem to the list

Garmin trainers is the latest version download.

I always (without exception, unless otherwise advised in the install instructions)  install using run with admin. After installation, I go into the .exe properties and under "compatibility" check Run with admin. A habit with me.

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.