Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Flight1 GTN Complete problems

Don,

Are you telling me that the problem is not theFlight1 GTN 750 but is indeed the Garmin trainer that is causing the problem?

In any case, I am now brain dead so will have another attempt tomorrow.

This is absolutely amazing. Nearly a case of needing a university degree to install a product that you actually have to pay for.

See you all in the morning.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

hi tony

i have had the same problem as you are experiencing the gtninterface missing from the gauges folder

i made exclusions for the folder in windows defender i know you turned this off but something is removing that file whether defender can still do this after being turned off i do not know

after making the exclusions then i downloaded and installed gtn trainer and gtn750 this worked for me

i then made exclusions for that file inside the gauges folder the gtninterface.dll file

i then made a couple of copies of that file on an external hdd

but up to now i never needed them

hope you get this sorted

jeff

jeff storey

Tony,

Did you run the F1 Update Tool after your installs? It should say File Version 1.17      If not, did this fix it ?

Answer to your question yes. Your gtninterface.dll is a GTN Trainer gauge and is probably corrupt with numerous installs. New files over old residual files can cause this. You will have to reinstall the GTN Trainer to get this dll back. It's not something you can cut and paste and it's copyrighted material. 

So we are on the same page here:

P3D4.5 Setup

GTN Complete v2.13 - Download from Flight1 purchase agent

GarminTrainerSetup_2600 - Download from Flight1 purchase agent

++ 2017 14.16.27033 x64, x86 - Download from Flight1 website

++ 2013 12.0.30501 x86 ONLY - Download from Microsoft

Run F1 update Tool = File Version 1.17

**Clean out anything Flight1, Garmin, gauges, etc. prior to reinstalling (files you will be replacing with new)

**Run as Administrator - properties\compatibility\apply

**Antivirus OFF during install

Sorry, for any confusion it was 1:00 am here and I was brain dead also.

I read a couple of articles about Windows Defender 10 and it appears you cannot shut it off. You can temporarily disable it, but in fifteen minutes or restart it turns itself back on. The only way it can be permanently deleted is using the group policy editor or registry.  This "may" be part of your problem. Exclude the files mentioned a few post prior. 

Edited by D Nelson

Don Nelson

Hi Tony,

This is what was sent you in the Flight 1 ticket system:

"Hi Tony,

Thank you for the detailed explanation.

The Flight1 Agent does not use any Javascript. All our pages are completely Javascript free... Something on your PC or ISP connection is inserting Javascript into the Microsoft .NET 3.5 Web Browser Control. It may be some type of extension installed on your PC or again your ISP. This is why I pointed to some of your forum posts as it had odd Javascript inserted after some of your posts.

But since you got to step 11, you were able to proceed past the popup errors and download the GTN. There is nothing wrong with the F1GTN_Complete.exe file and the script errors are not connected to that EXE.

I suggest you take points 12 through 19 and post it in the support forum. I do not know about the GTN technically. Again, the forum is where all GTN support is, and you are already registered there.

Again, see http://www.flight1software.com/gtnhelp/errorcode10.html and then post in the forum at https://www.simforums.com/forums/f1-gtn-gns-g500600-series-support-forum_forum54.htm if the error 10 is still there.

My guess is that if you are missing the DLL, then some type of security product is still removing it."

Also want to point out the Flight1 uses Microsoft installers.

Best,

Jim Harnes

Flight 1 Support

Edited by Jim Harnes
clarity

Create Windows Defender exclusions for the following:

Aviation Trainer launcher
C:\Program Files (x86)\Garmin\Trainers\Launcher\Aviation_Trainer_Launcher.exe

Flight1 GPS Update Tool
C:\Program Files\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\F1TGTN\F1UdateTool.exe

Flight1 Purchase Agent
C:\Program Files (x86)\Flight1 Purchase Agent\F1PurchaseUI.exe

GTN Simulator
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Flight1 Aviation Technologies\GTNGauge\GTNSysV662\GTN Simulator.exe

I copied these from my Norton program manager exclusions. If you prefer not to, then the GTN forum is available.

Don Nelson

I hate to admit this but, I made a mistake. The gtninterface.dll is part of the F1GTN.  Apologies

Don Nelson

On 2/13/2020 at 11:14 PM, Bert Pieke said:

There are a number of GTN users that are complaining at the Flight1 forum and not getting any satisfaction.. 

Personally, I have given up on Flight1 (after using their gauges for many years) and switched all my airplanes to RXP.  Don't know what has happened at Flight1, but their product quality and user support seem to have evaporated..

I agree with you Bert. I've also given up.

• Like 1

Real Deraps

Hello all,

I have just spent a further 4 hours effing around with this install. I have achieved precisely nothing and despite new msvcr120.dll uninstaling and re installing everything, using the latest advice. I am still getting the same errors.

I think, close to three months trying, in vain, to install a single programme, is, quite frankly ridiculous.

Jim Hames, 

I received that post from Steve. I have to say that I found it surprisingly civil given the tone of my post, which I admit, was not great looked at in retrospect.  A complement to Steve at Flight1.

For Bert, Don, Rogen and all others who have contributed, a big thank you for your help, understanding and compassion.

I shall now retire meekly to other things P3D related, which do not require the same effort for the same result. I will now pursue Jean-Luc to see if there is an alternative to the Flight1 system.

Regards to all

Tony

P.S. messages of sympathy can be sent to my graveside LOL

• Upvote 1

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

GreggyD,

I got notification of your post but nothing has appeared. Could you possibly repeat please.

A follow up/edit of my last.

I shall revisit this programme in the fullness of time. I have a significant headache from which I have to recover. LOL

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

I notice you have multiple drives. If the GTN is installed on the default C drive, is P3D4.5 on C drive also? 

RXP has a sale, install it and fly, no fuss, no exclusions, no frustrations. Sorry your still having a bad time with this.

• Like 1

Don Nelson

I also have a peculiar problem with the F1 GTN complete.  No matter where I point the GTN config tool, it cant find the Trainer... ive gone through every file on my "C" and "D" drives where the word Garmin apears, and it just wont connect...

What the heck am I missing???

22 hours ago, RickP said:

I also have a peculiar problem with the F1 GTN complete.  No matter where I point the GTN config tool, it cant find the Trainer... ive gone through every file on my "C" and "D" drives where the word Garmin apears, and it just wont connect...

What the heck am I missing???

It should be in the ProgramData folder.

Richard.

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

On 2/13/2020 at 10:14 PM, Bert Pieke said:

and switched all my airplanes to RXP

Where are good resources for the technically challenged but persistent to add it to airplanes? I know there is supposedly an automatic way, but I haven't found that to be of much use. The only airplane I have it in is the CS 737-200 Total Overhaul, and that only because there is an automatic installer. I can't even get it to work in the C-46, which has an option for the stack. Is there a collection of panel changes for airplanes somewhere? EDIT: okay, maybe better in another thread mods. Sorry.

26 minutes ago, Tim_Capps said:

Where are good resources for the technically challenged but persistent to add it to airplanes? I know there is supposedly an automatic way, but I haven't found that to be of much use. The only airplane I have it in is the CS 737-200 Total Overhaul, and that only because there is an automatic installer. I can't even get it to work in the C-46, which has an option for the stack. Is there a collection of panel changes for airplanes somewhere? EDIT: okay, maybe better in another thread mods. Sorry.

The simple answer is:  No, there is not an automatic way to add a GTN gauge into an airplane cockpit.

There is, however, a simple way of replacing an F1 GTN gauge by an RXP GTN gauge, which is what I was referring to..

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert