Sign in to follow this  
josef050153

Traffic alert switch off

Dear friends,

I bought a GTN 750 and a GTN 650. It works more or less good (checklists don't work, but that is not my question) but I have a problem with the traffic alert. When this shows up it blocks all of the GPS, but in difficult situations (like LOWI) it is essential for me. So is it possible to switch the traffic-alert off just on the GTN 750?

Hi,

Please review the RXP GTN User's Manual "Settings" chapter for details about this (or search the manual for 'traffic')

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Sorry, you did not get the question. I don't want to switch off the TCAD, but just the alert. That is not described in the manual.

The Garmin trainer is the engine for the RXP gauge.  Click on the Traffic tile of the Home screen and then click Menu, there is an option to set the Traffic Audio.  Perhaps set that to zero?  It does not seem there is any other way to switch off the alert, and that to me makes real world sense.  

Here is a link to the Garmin GTN 725/750 Pilot's Guide.  Go to pages 10-30 and 10-31:
https://static.garmincdn.com/pumac/190-01007-03_0C_Web.pdf

Here is a screen shot:

image.png.9591dd2a61a48220d215792bc7cefbc3.png

Edited by fppilot
  • Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere