Sign in to follow this  
BMW969

Confirmation of stuttering from ChasePlane

In the latest version, stuttering intensified.

I did a test. 
Gently moved the mouse cursor across the screen. Started and stopped the ChasePlane.
The result in the video. The cursor shows stuttering every 4-5 seconds.
Try it yourself.

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

Out of interest do you having 'game mode' on or off in Windows.  Change the setting see if you get any joy

14ppkc-6.png

'game mode' always ON

I just installed the newest Chaseplane and it seems fairly smooth. I don't see any stutters at all in the sim other than the usual autogen loading and ORBX loading. I keep my chaseplane settings in preferences on the sparser side, like no transitions. It all helps I think. I do use game mode.

Edited by Midnight Music

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090

Do you have to run FTX Central in order to update Chaseplane now? Everything I open that thing I have to spend 20 minutes cleaning up my scenery entries. 

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

I would advise you to ask this question on ChasePlane support forum. This kind of issues can also be related to other things like antivirus or something completely different even though the termination of ChasePlane appears to solve the issue. I also noticed it only effects the mouse pointer, the sim itself is not stuttering at all which could also be the clue.

I found a pattern of stuttering.

If I use a fixed view from my saved list, then there is no stuttering.

As soon as I move the camera in any direction, stuttering appears.

Again I select any species from my list and again everything is smooth.

Stuttering occurs when I use a view that is not saved.

On 2/14/2020 at 6:35 PM, Midnight Music said:

I just installed the newest Chaseplane and it seems fairly smooth. I don't see any stutters at all in the sim other than the usual autogen loading and ORBX loading. I keep my chaseplane settings in preferences on the sparser side, like no transitions. It all helps I think. I do use game mode.

where is the transitions settings please ?

disregard.. I found it.

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png