Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Today screenshots. Mouais, cute but...

3 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

I'm not sure how many of these "airports" even still exist........

Nearly all of them:

AIRPORT+in+Indonesia.jpg

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

9 minutes ago, n4gix said:

Nearly all of them:

AIRPORT+in+Indonesia.jpg

Yeah, I should have done my research before posting. As a suggestion, try looking these up in MSFS (I have made a report)

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Of course, there are no testers in here discussing... as that would probably violate the NDA.

Ed Wilson

Mindstar Aviation
My Playland - I69

6 hours ago, WarpD said:

Do we really need the villagers??

Oh I dunno, having the village people around would be good if you fancied taking off whilst listening to some camp seventies disco music.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Oh I dunno, having the village people around would be good if you fancied taking off whilst listening to some camp seventies disco music.

Makes sense. In a sim with flying birds, strolling zebras etc..... why not villagers?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

9 hours ago, n4gix said:

Nearly all of them:

AIRPORT+in+Indonesia.jpg

Scores of villages have dirt strips in Indonesia and in PNG and are served by regular companies or missionary organizations like MAF which trains its pilots in Idaho by the way. I suppose that most of them don’t have an IATA code ! Some good vids on YouTube.

About the villagers, the arrival of the PC6, Kodiak etc. is a big event  and all the village gathers around the aircraft.

There is a couple of sceneries at Orbx (Tim Harris/Ken Hall) that recreates that well and are delightful to fly and I hope that Asobo will be up to it at least for some of the sloped dirt strips. 

Edited by domkle
  • Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

2 hours ago, HiFlyer said:

Makes sense. In a sim with flying birds, strolling zebras etc..... why not villagers?

Villagers, dogs, hens and pigs. An occasional parrot too.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

While I am prepared for a certain amount of disappointment when it comes to bush flying at random places around the world in the default sim, I really hope there soon will be some regional bush flying packages with handmade landing sites and surroundings, wildlife and people, maybe even with missions - be it by Asobo themselves or by 3PD.

Covering regions like:

- Alaska (including floatplanes)

- Island hopping in the Carribean or Maldives (including floatplanes)

- Indonesia (as seen in the "Worst place to be a pilot" series)

- PNG (building upon what Orbx already offers?)

- Famous African Safari locations like Kenya, Tansania, Botswana (remember Aerosofts "African Airstrip Adventures"?)

- South America like the Amazon basin

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

While I am prepared for a certain amount of disappointment when it comes to bush flying at random places around the world in the default sim, I really hope there soon will be some regional bush flying packages with handmade landing sites and surroundings, wildlife and people, maybe even with missions - be it by Asobo themselves or by 3PD.

Covering regions like:

- Alaska (including floatplanes)

- Island hopping in the Carribean or Maldives (including floatplanes)

- Indonesia (as seen in the "Worst place to be a pilot" series)

- PNG (building upon what Orbx already offers?)

- Famous African Safari locations like Kenya, Tansania, Botswana (remember Aerosofts "African Airstrip Adventures"?)

- South America like the Amazon basin

Agree with your list, Ralf,  to which I would add Idaho and Montana.

I am not optimistic about developers releasing bush packages. At Orbx, the feeling I have is that it was Tim Harris love child with, in the background, a dismissive « where is the market ?» John Venema.

That is why it is important that the little freeware guys could place objects (autogen or their own) and on occasion correct the relief to install a strip. Did I say accessible SDK tools ?  I have done that for strips in PNG in P3D and would be happy to do it again.

• Like 1

Dominique

37 minutes ago, domkle said:

... I would add Idaho and Montana.

+1

I am not optimistic about developers releasing bush packages. At Orbx, the feeling I have is that it was Tim Harris love child with, in the background, a dismissive « where is the market ?» John Venema.

I assume there will be a larger market for bush flying with the new sim.

I really feel like bush flying from time to time, but with P3D always after a few hours I get annoyed by the landclass / vector scenery or photoreal scenery with too low resolution for low and slow flying. Not to mention clouds intersecting with the ground, sudden visibility changes and some other long time annoyances with P3D. I soon return to the A320 where all this is not so evident.

But from what we've seen so far from the new sim, it is really made for low and slow VFR flying and I want to quickly get into the Cub every time I see a new screenshot.

So I expect more people to request enhancements to the bush flying experience.

Furthermore, it is a nice opportunity for mission packs for a broader user base. Bush flying missions with simple small aircraft will be much more appealing for casual simmers and even gamers who haven't been into flight simulation so far. Much more than the so-called "study-level" airliners which are for a small niche of hardcore simmers only.

The realistic world and weather depiction of the default sim, enhanced by a handmade regional bush flying environment, embedded into a compelling mission storyline could make a "game" within the simulator, targeting at a larger audience of casual simmers and gamers, but still appealing for the hardcore simmers also.

That is why it is important that the little freeware guys could place objects (autogen or their own) and on occasion correct the relief to install a strip. Did I say accessible SDK tools ?  I have done that for strips in PNG in P3D and would be happy to do it again.

Totally agree. Misty Moorings come to mind. Would be great to see something like that for the new sim.

Edited by RALF9636

2 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

With the Global set of textures+Vector or a fat region, a sharp mesh, PNG or the PNW+Alaska don't look so bad at my end.  Of course, FS20 seems to go several steps further in realism. Or so I hope because so far MS has been rather stingy in terms of bush related previews... 

I see clouds intersecting with relief only with the default weather, don't have that with ASN.

Dominique

7 minutes ago, domkle said:

With the Global set of textures+Vector or a fat region, a sharp mesh, PNG or the PNW+Alaska don't look so bad at my end. 

I just couldn't reacquaint myself with landclass/vector anymore after having installed my first photoreal scenery. That's highly subjective of course. So to get back on your topic:

7 minutes ago, domkle said:

Of course, FS20 seems to go several steps further in realism. Or so I hope because so far MS has been rather stingy in terms of bush related previews... 

I am keen to see the Airport Episode of the discovery series. I hope it covers all kinds of airports, airfields and dirt or grass strips. I'd love to see a beach or a river bank landing as well.

• Upvote 1

I shouldn't have posted a real pic with people. I can photoshop them out if you wish. Sorry to offend anyone 

• Like 1

Instantly made me think of the one strip in the movie Air America. :ph34r:

16_instagram_papua_pilot.jpg

Edited by jpc55

that looks like Courchevel but without the asphalt,
looks like a great challenge, landing and take-off ! 😅