Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

ATSim Antonov An-2 question (rain effect)

Rain effect (P3dv4.5 ht2) on the ground.

I noticed strange thing in this model and Id like to confirms this on the others owner of ATSim An-2.

In the air is ok but when the plane is on the ground (cold and dark situation) and the rain effect is present in virtual cockpit (rainy day) each rain drop = less fps. From 80 to 12 fps afer 5-8 minutes. Something is wrong here (the ice effect is ok).

Here is this issue (drop from for example 60 FPS to... less than 10 in short time):

something like clogging up

Edited by YoYo

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

Your right...guess I never flew in the rain with this aircraft before.  I tested it with real world conditions of rain, just to make sure it wasn't something to do with the AS4 scenario you used.  I have mine limited to 30 fps in NVIDIA but she slowly worked her way down to about 8 - 12 fpm while on the ground.  As soon as I took off went up to 30 fpm.  Then when I landed it again, worked it's way down to 8 - 12 fpm.  Have you reported this to Andrey at AT Simulations?

Interesting...never saw anything like this before.

Garry Lundberg

If the plane is on the ground, static, is it relevant as to what the fps is? 

Or is the plane moving? 

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hello,

I can replicate this too. It seems to happen only to the static raindrop effect.

As soon as the aircraft starts to roll and the raindrops animate, the frame rate recovers completely.

Edited by Reader
  • Upvote 1

Ok, thx, I’ll report this. Patch incoming so maybe it will be solved also, thank you for replys.

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

With me it happens even when taxing (7 - 9 fps).  As soon as I break ground the FPS goes to normal...as soon as I land it goes back to the very low fps.

• Upvote 1

Garry Lundberg