Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What we want - Airports

1 hour ago, FDEdev said:

Two different things with different effects.

"!=" means not equal

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

14 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

"!=" means not equal

Ah, ok. I guess that plain language would have been less misleading 😉 

2 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

Wake turbulence != engine blast 

lol, yes I know that.  It just made me think of it.

Every airport globally should have accurate cracks in the pavement.  A daily update should be done which will ensure the proper cracks will be forced to all users.

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

LOL Andy, might I respectfully  suggest that you are smoking crack to come up with such an idea?:laugh:

Made me laugh anyway! Of course, the aircraft will have to act appropriately when travelling over any such cracks or else the whole point of accurate crackery is lost I think...:biggrin:

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

I mean this more AI than airports, but I'd like to see planes actually back out from gates properly, instead of just going back a few feet and then spinning on the spot.

1. Ground markings for stands (numbers!), runways (numbers!) and taxiways (letters and arrows!) as appropriate. I don't mind if these are generic so long as they look about right. The biggest immersion killer for me on default or freeware addon scenery is having to count parking spot lines from certain airport features to be sure I'm parking on the right stand, or to spend ages gazing at charts trying to figure out where I am after vacating the runway.

2. Realistic runway hold point distances from the runway itself. In current ESP based flight sims this distance is hard coded to something like 2/3 of the current ICAO standard distance. For freeware/stock scenery it's an immersion killer to have aircraft holding on the ground so close to the runway edge.

3. Better generic scenery for small GA airfields. ESP and its stock objects were largely designed with proper airports in mind. We've all seen the "single runway dropped in the middle of an empty grass strip in the middle of nowhere" that FSX and P3D feature so heavily. Let's have some more visually passable GA objects and better auto placement of them.

4. Runway and taxiway lighting improvements. From a distance P3D has night runway lighting spot on. Close up, however, your view is blocked by lots of bright floating orbs. I'm sure the geniuses of Asobo can keep the light effects without needing to cover airport surfaces in glowing balloons.

i7-10700K; RTX 2070 Super; 16GB; P3Dv4.5HF3 & MSFS2020.

Watching some Flying Pooch approaches and landings You Tube vids in Utah  backcountry (Hidden Splendor, Dirty Devil)  : only thing we really need is a windsock, everything else is superfluous.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

On 2/17/2020 at 12:19 AM, mesaba 116 said:

Wig wag lights at runway entrances.

+1

Also be able to push back onto some taxiway that can be selected. No more random pushbacks.

Plus all the airport light stuff I already mentioned in that other what we want thread.

• Like 1

I would really love the runways not to be sooooo visible from far away, this is a real immersion killer.

From the current screenshots, we can see the runways seem a lot like the ones in FSX, the markings are too bright and the runways are too strait. I know there will be sloped but the feeling is still here.

Runways in XPlane are so much more realistic and the ALES addon is just fantastic.

After all, the scenery and the weather are looking gorgeous so why not putting that much effort in the runway aspect (I mean from distance).

At the end of a really immersive flight, you have to stare at a strait gamish line far too visible. The final approach is the most exciting phase of any flight, please just make it right 🙂

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

On 2/19/2020 at 9:31 AM, domkle said:

Watching some Flying Pooch approaches and landings You Tube vids in Utah  backcountry (Hidden Splendor, Dirty Devil)  : only thing we really need is a windsock, everything else is superfluous.

Great videos. 

But next to the windsock we also need the grass, the shrubs and the rocks.

Would be nice to have the jetways (and maybe baggage/cargo loaders) already attached to the correct doors of an aircraft when loading up the sim for the first time at a terminal without having to request it (like currently in GSX)

• Upvote 1