Sign in to follow this  
Noooch

What we want - Multiplayer

Same as the 1st "Want we want" thread.

Here you can list all the features or ideas (Multiplayer related) you would like to see implemented in the next Microsoft Flight Simulator

2 Multiplayer servers

- one for everyone, a Sandbox

- one for true simulation, where players (simmers) are allowed only if they have completed some sort of in-game lessons or tests. This server could provide positions for competent Air Traffic Controllers.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

An integrated pilot client for the online networks, Vatsim, Pilotedge etc.
Super wishful, but would make things so intuitive and simple.

I would also be interested to see if they could step up their controller mode that was in FSX, up to date equipment, coordination with other controllers, a nicely modelled tower. So much potential.

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

What we want is yet another 'what we want' thread on a forum, because it's not like there's enough of those, is it? 🤣

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

1 hour ago, Chock said:

What we want is yet another 'what we want' thread on a forum, because it's not like there's enough of those, is it? 🤣

Thank you for your contribution

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

Couldnt care less about multiplayer, i just want good ai.

I must confess to a similar feeling.

• Like 2

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

After trying the multiplayer in euro truck simulator 2, im never going to use multiplayer again, what ever you are doing in the game i can garantee you that someone will ruin your day.

Edited by OHN767

17 minutes ago, OHN767 said:

After trying the multiplayer in euro truck simulator 2, im never going to use multiplayer again, what ever you are doing in the game i can garantee you that someone will ruin your day.

It really depends on what you are playing and what you are playing it on. But, yeah, I hear you.

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Maybe if this one - and all the other similar threads - had been titled "What we would really like to see ..." instead of the perceived entitlement from the use of want ...

• Like 3

Cheers, Søren Dissing

CPU: Intel i9-13900K @5.6-5.8 Ghz | Cooler: ASUS ROG RYUJIN III | GPU: ASUS Strix RTX4090 OC | MoBo: ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Hero | RAM: 64Gb DDR5 @5600 | SSDs: 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (Win11), 1Tb Samsung M.2 980 PRO (MSFS), | Case: ASUS ROG Helios 601 | Monitors: HP Reverb G2, 28" ASUS PB287Q 4K | Additional Hardware: TM TCA Captain's Edition, Tobii 5 | OS: Win 11 Pro 64 | Sim: MSFS | BA Virtual | PSXT, RealTraffic w/ AIG models

I for one am looking forward to the Discovery Episode Multiplayer. In the original episode they released they showed the X-Cub and the TBM 930 being in flown in what I think was multiplayer with the 2 TBM 930's and a few, maybe 3-5 X-Cubs flying together. I get that a lot of people don't remember when they first started in flight simulation, or have never wanted to have FUN with a group of friends in multiplayer. But there are a communities that want to fly in multiplayer with friends and meet new people. Maybe it is a virtual airline ( and they don't feel comfortable flying on VATSIM etc... yet, maybe they just want to fly around Alaska in the X-Cub ( or anywhere in any plane ) and chat on voice why doing so, maybe they are super serious and want to share a cockpit as Captain and First Officer, maybe they just want to jump in a server and be crazy doing flips and stuff 🙂 You know you can usually add a password to a server before one can join if you want too. Maybe if they have the Control Tower updated people can learn a little bit. That's how I learned some simple things, before being able to fly on VATSIM! You have to start somewhere and multiplayer can be a great place for enjoyment, or you might get in a server where someone will teach you about filing flight plans, not spawning on the runway ( I was bad at that when learning ), using the radios, etc...

I respect that people want to flip every switch, take a long time to get the plane setup, and NEVER ever go near a Newbie that might be having FUN! Or trying to learn about flight simulation.

This is just another option like mission's you can choose to use or ignore. Your sim, use it the way you see fit!

I hope at some point and think there will be after release an area here for Multiplayer, to be able to invite people to servers, be it the in game multiplayer, VATSIM, etc... Or I hope so!

Long live multiplayer! Well that's just an odd statement 🙂 See you in multiplayer everyone, or NOT!

And remember it's flight simulation, NO FUN ALLOWED, EVER 🙂 

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

Ability to create large groups, where you only see your group.  Password protected, and groups can be huge.  So no need for separate server.  Each group can have their own requirements.  This requires roles, like who can remove users or let new users in.  And groups can turn on and off the ability to fly with other groups.  Group challenges and missions, and goals, would be nice.  Calendar for events...

Anti Griefing Features:  Ban user on all levels, no collisions (By user, group, friends), Radio/chat (ban or allow by user, group, friends), Visual planes (see or not see by user, friends, groups).  This feature should be at a group control level.  For example, I am flying with a group of friends and we are flying with everyone.  Who ever has permission in my friend group can block seeing another user, and no one in the group will see them.  And maybe region controls, like no planes blocking runways.  Bottom line, be able to block anything other players do that you can see, hear, or otherwise affects you.

Local area radio.

Not everyone will have voice.  So some quick actions might be nice for communication.  Like look over there (with some pointer), or Land there, or a timer so they can do synchronized acrobatics.  Not sure what would be needed or useful.  But I have found these useful in some multiplayer games.