Sign in to follow this  
enrico10999

Best Military Jet Fighter for P3DV4 (PMDG-Style)?

The VRS F/A-18, is probably the most similar to a complex PMDG-esque airliner, it too has a collimated HUD and modern avionics, which are intended to be operated solely by one person (or at least they are if you disregard the use of AWACS stuff and datalinks).

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Milviz T38C is truly an advanced aircraft with modern avionics.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Unfortunately the T38C is no longer available.  The A variant is available though.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

33 minutes ago, C2615 said:

Why P3D, just BMS then....

That one is really outdated (not only) concerning graphics. The beta version of the DCS F-16 might be the better solution.

21 minutes ago, FDEdev said:

That one is really outdated (not only) concerning graphics. The beta version of the DCS F-16 might be the better solution.

DCS F16(and even more developed F18) are far from study level...

8 hours ago, C2615 said:

DCS F16(and even more developed F18) are far from study level...

Could you elaborate?  I’ve never heard someone say that before about the F18.  Having to press 25 buttons before firing a Maverick (slight exaggeration) seems to be within the realm of study level.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

On ‎2‎/‎15‎/‎2020 at 9:11 PM, regis9 said:

Unfortunately the T38C is no longer available.  The A variant is available though.

My bad. I forgot that the C was removed from the sim catalog and made exclusively 'commercial use only.' :blush:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You got my hopes up there for a minute 😁

Dave

Hello,

If you are interested in slightly older fighters, you can opt for our Vampire. Of course I don't pretend to say that it is the best, but we have tried to reproduce the behavior of the real aircraft and the feedback from customers is excellent!

More here: https://swissmilsim.ch/index.php/en/pms2-1950-1960-en/

Jérôme

Edited by lejerm