Sign in to follow this  
Claviateur

Hint of "in-game" editing tools

"SDK UPDATE

We are still in the process of rolling out SDK access to all of our partners. If you’ve not yet received access, hang in there as we are working to get everyone added as quickly as possible.
Currently, we’ve got over 30 partners with access to the SDK. The feedback has been incredibly beneficial to the team as we continue to work hard on upcoming features.
In the next Alpha update, you can expect improvements for existing tools, a new in-game aircraft editor will allow configuration tuning for aircraft parameters including the flight model with onscreen debug support."

The above lines are my area of interest in every update but the last statement caught my attention in a positive way.

They talk about an "in-game" editor for aircraft flight model / parameters.

If similar in-sim editors are made available for scenery and terrain finetuning, object placement etc. then this could be a dream come true for a lot of scenery creators.

Edited by Claviateur
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

Let's hope,  as I would love to place old Sherman tanks, etc. around the Pacific islands. 

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Casualcas said:

Let's hope,  as I would love to place old Sherman tanks, etc. around the Pacific islands. 

During the days of FS scenery creation, I purchased this app and although it felt a bit clunky, it was a revolutionary concept for the time. 

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=iscen3

An MSFS native, more intuitive and modern in-sim editor similar to this app concept, is the best thing that could happen to scenery creators, considering the time we need to wait to reload a scenery or sometimes close and open the simulator and go to the area of interest just to see if the subtle modification we just did to the scenery is ok. 

Edited by Claviateur
  • Upvote 1

I remember the "old" days, the first scenery I did, and somewhere on wings ark,  was Palau and Angaur, the images I scanned from  WW2 Wildcats division yearbook. Yeah, that far back and had to hand color them. Times have changed. 

• Like 1

Not just for scenery developers. Just imagine how much easier it must make aircraft developers life to be able to fine tune a flight model in-game.

• Like 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I don't think there will be much space for scenery add-ons rather than airports enrichment.

5 minutes ago, mpozzi said:

I don't think there will be much space for scenery add-ons rather than airports enrichment.

I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunities for Scenery developers to produce top quality add-ons, not everywhere will be perfect. All IMO of course.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

no, most relevant objects in the planet are already being sculpted by 3D artists in the Asobo team.

of course, some airports will need intervention after release, but these will be no famous airports, so I doubt who may be up to buy them and install them.

the same goes for cities, expect NYC and famous cities to be looking great on release, you can work in Haiti downtown if you want to improve the Azure generic look, but who will be interested in adding this?

Just now, Casualcas said:

You can create those tanks but do they exist now over there? sounds like a very specific add-on, who will mind ?

Oh I'm sure if you look, you'll even find my dad's wallet under a rock on that island. Been wanting to go back and look for it. Lol

I suspect its just the FDE, and perhaps a few other parameters like aircraft lights etc. We can only speculate if there will also be a scenery editor. 

Edited by martin-w

23 minutes ago, mpozzi said:

no, most relevant objects in the planet are already being sculpted by 3D artists in the Asobo team.

of course, some airports will need intervention after release, but these will be no famous airports, so I doubt who may be up to buy them and install them.

the same goes for cities, expect NYC and famous cities to be looking great on release, you can work in Haiti downtown if you want to improve the Azure generic look, but who will be interested in adding this?

That's why a user-friendly scenery editing tool would be great. I think a lot of people would love to finetune their hometown.

As to payware addons, let’s not forget that the number high detail photogrammetry cities is limited and probably will be for quite some time (e.g. no London, no Paris, no Tokyo etc.). I’m sure there will be a market for high quality scenery addons.

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

2 hours ago, Claviateur said:

An MSFS native, more intuitive and modern in-sim editor similar to this app concept, is the best thing that could happen to scenery creators, considering the time we need to wait to reload a scenery or sometimes close and open the simulator and go to the area of interest just to see if the subtle modification we just did to the scenery is ok. 

+1

An improved and more user-friendly version of something like Instant Scenery would be highly appreciated.

Let us easily fine tune the small airfields and their surroundings we are interested in that cannot all be taken care of by Asobo and third party developers.

Edited by RALF9636

1 hour ago, mpozzi said:

The more Alpha test previews I see, the less I agree with you on this one.

The procedural world (aka autogen) could require some adjustment and improvements in some areas outside the major countries, where the automatically generated infrastructure (from AI data) might not be renderering building height and wall or roof types as it should. 

Only the users who create scenery and happen to live in these areas could tell and improve these in a more granular and accurate way. Of course if MS provides the tools to do so...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Much as I'd like to find something similar to the old flight 1 Instant Scenery app to be in there, I'm inclined to think they were referring to something a bit more mundane, i.e. akin to unlocking the the realism settings in the current FSX and P3D options, which to quote the original message, do also 'allow configuration tuning for aircraft parameters including the flight model' 

Thus it may simply refer to the fact that the next Alpha had that menu parameter made available to test when it was previously grayed out or not built into the preceding alpha version they'd put out to people. I think this is a far more likely scenario.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here