Sign in to follow this  
Mad_X

GWT coutner is not going down

Interesting bug with 1.9H: The GWT stays at the value set before takeoff is not going down in value during the flight. 

8 hours ago, Mad_X said:

Interesting bug with 1.9H: The GWT stays at the value set before takeoff is not going down in value during the flight. 

Both the Gross Wt counter on the Falcon panel and the one on the Payload Manager seem to work for me with v1.9H in P3Dv4.5. 

I do see that the two Gross Wt counters differ by a small amount -- maybe 20lbs at times,  which is still way less than a 1% error given the weight of the a/c. However, if desired you can use the mouse (left and right click and wheel ) with the panel counter knob to adjust the panel Gross Wt counter value to reduce the difference between the two Gross Wt counters, but after doing that you need to center click (mouse wheel click) on the panel counter knob to restart the counter. This also resets the fuel used counter to zero.

What are other ver 1.9H users seeing wrt the Gross Wt counters?

Al

Edited by ark

Hi ark

i think you misunderstood me. The weight entry is fine. I would expect that the GWT would go down during the flight because of the burnt fuel. 
tjat is not the case 😉

5 hours ago, ark said:

What are other ver 1.9H users seeing wrt the Gross Wt counters?

Works for me as long as I remember to reset it, about 300lb out at the moment !!

Seems to have lost a lot of power at cruise though in the last couple of versions, previously from climb you were pulling back the throttles a fair amount not to overspeed, now you don't actually need to touch them....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

3 hours ago, Mad_X said:

Hi ark

i think you misunderstood me. The weight entry is fine. I would expect that the GWT would go down during the flight because of the burnt fuel. 
tjat is not the case 😉

No, I did understood you. The GWT counters work for me meaning they do count down as they should. Have you tried starting the panel counter to count down by clicking (not rolling) on the panel GWT knob with the mouse wheel - a center mouse wheel click?

Al

I'm running 1.9H that I downloaded and installed Feb. 14. I have the same issue with the GWT counter not counting down. I've only flown the Falcon a couple of times since installing 1.9H, but I'll test it again today and see if it's still not working.

I don't think I've ever manually adjusted the GWT on the panel, and didn't know that one has to click center mouse wheel to restart that counter.

When I test today, and if it's not counting I'll trying jumpstarting it with a middle mouse click.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 hours ago, somiller said:

I don't think I've ever manually adjusted the GWT on the panel, and didn't know that one has to click center mouse wheel to restart that counter.

Center mouse clicking the GWT adjust knob resets the Fuel Used counter to all 0s as well as start the GWT down counter.

Al

Edited by ark

Once I mouse-wheel-clicked the knob the GWT counter started counting down properly.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

4 minutes ago, somiller said:

Once I mouse-wheel-clicked the knob the GWT counter started counting down properly.

Good!  🙂

Thanks for the feedback.

Al