Sign in to follow this  
Phil61

Help buying controllers for MSFS 2020

Hi,

Just joined the group. I can't wait to get back to the flight simulator and the new 2020 version on my PC.

Up to now I just used a simple joystick. 

I'm looking at purchasing the Honeycomb Alpha Flight Controls Yoke & Switch Panel, the BRAVO THROTTLE QUADRANT when it's available. The Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder, all mounted on the Wheel Stand Pro S.

I'm not sure if the Honeycomb will mount on this stand though. Anyway looking for guidance. I'm figuring now is the time to buy and be ready for MSFS 2020!

Thanks,

Phil

Edited by Phil61

Personally, I wouldn't buy anything in anticipation of anything because if what you have anticipated never materialized that money you spent in anticipation would have been wasted. Keep your money until the fantasy becomes a reality. There is an old refrain that's not heard to much anymore. 'Putting the cart before the horse'.

The only flight controller I currently use is a Microsoft Sidewinder forced feedback 2. Oh, and Thrustmaster TFRP rudder pedals. I wouldn't recommend the rudder pedals. They are not very good.(but better than nothing and I go them newused for $60) I did have a set of Saitek rudder pedals a couple of years ago which are a lot smoother than the Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder.

I am definitely eyeing the Honeycomb stuff but for me it will be primarily for Prepar3D V5 and MSFS if it lives up to my expectations. (Which are not the communities expectations. It won't live to the communities expectations:ph34r:)

@Avidean, yes 'Putting the cart before the horse', nowadays is pure wisdom!

I had the Microsoft Sidewinder forced feedback 2, sold it, I could kick myself now!

• Like 2

Warning of incompatible hardware.
The PMDG 737NGXu already has problems with the existing hardware. The PMDG 737 NGX works without problems.
Example:
1. Brunner yoke no AutoPilot coupling-feedback
2. CPflight panels: only the MCP. Other panels work partially or not at all
3. Cockpitforyou CFY moterized throttle quadrant does not work.
This is a disappointing experience with the PMDG 737NGXu. If it doesn't work in the Prepar3Dv4 already then I fear the worst for the new Flightsim2020.

Regards

JvB

8 hours ago, Jovabra said:

Warning of incompatible hardware.
The PMDG 737NGXu already has problems with the existing hardware. The PMDG 737 NGX works without problems.
Example:
1. Brunner yoke no AutoPilot coupling-feedback
2. CPflight panels: only the MCP. Other panels work partially or not at all
3. Cockpitforyou CFY moterized throttle quadrant does not work.
This is a disappointing experience with the PMDG 737NGXu. If it doesn't work in the Prepar3Dv4 already then I fear the worst for the new Flightsim2020.

Regards

JvB

PMDG changed the LVARS "Header" for the NGXu.  All of the Sim Lvars by them have a different header...many functions just need the headers replaced and then you are good to go....ie PMDG777:EVT_xxx would be the same as the PMDG737:EVT_xxx and with the NGXu the header for it is now PMDGNG3:EVT_xxx

To the LVARS are all going to be pretty much identical (except for things that are not found on each plane) but that Header is different.

Virtual Avionics (whom have been pretty quite the last year) have released and update, SPAD.Next Released an update.  So really it is just the developers that need to hop on and fix it....or you buy something like SPAD.Next that is able to control your devices and have it remap it...

Les O'Reilly

On 2/15/2020 at 7:01 PM, Phil61 said:

I had the Microsoft Sidewinder forced feedback 2, sold it, I could kick myself now!

Me too.  Was a great bit of kit

P3D v4.5 MSFS2020 Hisense 50" 4K TV

Ryzen 5800X, 32gb DDR 3600mhz, MSI B550 PRO VDH WiFi, MSI 6900XT Z Trio, Gammaxx L360, 1TB NVMe Boot/FS2020 Drive, 1TB NVMe P3D Drive, 1Tb Crucial SSD Storage Drive, Saitek Yoke, Pedals, Radio Panel, Switch Panel, 2 x FiPs

UKV6427

On 2/15/2020 at 7:01 PM, Phil61 said:

I still use mine and have an unused spare in the unlikely event that the first one fails! I’ve had a number of joysticks over the years and its still the best joystick I’ve tried. I’m just hoping that the new flight sim supports it.

i7-6700k | Asus Maximus VIII Hero | 16GB RAM | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X Plus | Samsung Evo 500GB & 1TB | WD Blue 2 x 1TB | EVGA Supernova G2 850W | AOC 2560x1440 monitor | Win 10 Pro 64-bit