Sign in to follow this  
Luis Hernandez

Thanks and a question about parking

Hello. First of all, I wanna thank you for PSXseecon Traffic. I'm currently using the static aircraft version (no live traffic), with a 20% of BGL-based AI. With this, I can keep 30 FPS in my laptop while landing at default FSX-SE Heathrow using the Aerosoft Airbus (haven't tried yet KJFK) and still not feel the airport is empty and dead. Let's say you saved me from an uninstall 😊

Now, I saw a thread about a way of getting parking positions based on BGL traffic (running at 100%), but I can't find where can I enable this, either in PPG or PSXseecon Traffic. For your reference, I started using this a month ago. How can enable this parking position method?

Edited by Luis Hernandez

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

28 minutes ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Hello. First of all, I wanna thank you for PSXseecon Traffic. I'm currently using the static aircraft version (no live traffic), with a 20% of BGL-based AI. With this, I can keep 30 FPS in my laptop while landing at default FSX-SE Heathrow using the Aerosoft Airbus (haven't tried yet KJFK) and still not feel the airport is empty and dead. Let's say you saved me from an uninstall 😊

Now, I saw a thread about a way of getting parking positions based on BGL traffic (running at 100%), but I can't find where can I enable this, either in PPG or PSXseecon Traffic. For your reference, I started using this a month ago. How can enable this parking position method?

That option has been removed. 

Nico,

So this function to add .bgl parked AI info. to airport xml's has been removed...I don't recall seeing that in the release notes. Such a shame as it worked so well and was a method for building accurate parked AI for a bunch of airports quickly.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

38 minutes ago, somiller said:

I don't recall seeing that in the release notes. 

You must have missed it in the Release Notes...It has been removed  a few weeks after the introduction already because it only worked for one brand of AI flight plans (AIG)

Edited by kiek

3 hours ago, kiek said:

You must have missed it in the Release Notes...It has been removed  a few weeks after the introduction already because it only worked for one brand of AI flight plans (AIG)

Hmm,

Well for me that was just fine, as that was the brand of flight plans that I used. Cmon, that was the only reason why it was removed?! It worked perfectly and was a really useful function. I guess I just don't understand the logic of removing it because it only worked with one type of flight plan. I mean, most addons for P3D only work with P3D, but the developers don't take it off the market as a result of X-Plane users not being able to use it.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

7 hours ago, somiller said:

Cmon, that was the only reason why it was removed?!

The main reason yes. Another important reason was the extra complexity it introduced in my software, which is not good for future maintainability.

Furthermore, the main focus of PSXeeconTrafic is to show real live traffic, good airport files is a nice to have feature. However, PSXT is already able to create perfect airport files based on 'self learning'. 

Also note that I'm not a commercial developer so some rules from the industry are not applicable 😉

On 2/17/2020 at 5:32 AM, kiek said:

However, PSXT is already able to create perfect airport files based on 'self learning'. 

If I understand correctly, this works only with live traffic, right?

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

2 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

If I understand correctly, this works only with live traffic, right?

Afirm. (and traffic must have their transponders on at the airport).

Edited by kiek

On 2/17/2020 at 3:32 AM, kiek said:

The main reason yes. Another important reason was the extra complexity it introduced in my software, which is not good for future maintainability.

Furthermore, the main focus of PSXeeconTrafic is to show real live traffic, good airport files is a nice to have feature. However, PSXT is already able to create perfect airport files based on 'self learning'. 

Also note that I'm not a commercial developer so some rules from the industry are not applicable 😉

NIco,

I certainly understand concerning added complexity. Honestly, I was surprised you added this functionality when you did, but once it was available, it was painful to lose. It worked so well for quickly building real parking based on real-world schedules.

Having PSXseecontraffic to allow us to use RealTraffic feeds is fantastic, and I want you to know I'm grateful for what you've given us.

Kind Regards,

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

4 minutes ago, somiller said:

Having PSXseecontraffic to allow us to use RealTraffic feeds is fantastic, and I want you to know I'm grateful for what you've given us.

Thank you, I am glad to hear that.