Sign in to follow this  
gsumner

5second lockups uk

Hi,

I'm recently started to get 5 second lockups around 5 and 10 thousand feet. I've tried a fresh .cfg file. Turned off ext weather program and even stripped back my scenery to bare bones in an attempt to find the culprit.

Doesn't happen elsewhere so what could it be. Only thing I can't disable is sode. For some reason it won't let me.

I have a hardware cockpit so no fancy addin aircraft used. I only use it for scenery.

I'm really at my wit's end trying to find what's going on. Can anyone think of where to look next. I have a good system with no other problems recently.

Graham

P3d4.5

Edited by gsumner

Just shooting in the dark, but do you run SODE?

If so, try disabling it to see if it makes a difference. I remember having similar issues . though it was long ago. I can vaguely recall it had something to do with SODE and EGKK but nothing more than this.

It's funny you should say that for some reason sode won't allow me to disable it. I can't even find the sode platform manager program anywhere.

I have just uninstalled it completely and just about to test it.

4 minutes ago, gsumner said:

sode platform manager

Usually in a folder called '12bPilots' in Programs Files (x86) on C:\

Sadly it still happens but thanks for your input. I just can't understand why it only happens in the UK I'm trying to narrow it down what it might be.

Graham

Thanks I've now found that. It worries me when I use that utility it will not let me deactivate or unregister it. Which makes me think sode is not working as it should but I'm now not sure what to do about this or if even this is my main problem.

Graham

OK,

If its only the UK and not SODE, then the next step would be to disable one by one the UK sceneries you have. (or disable them all and reactivate them one by one...)

Edited by ha5mvo

I've disabled the whole lot ☹️. I've cut right back to base scenery and disabled all weather addons. I'm going to try disabling aerosofts display engine next but I'm not confident that's the culprit 🧐

Graham

Ok it seems this is happening elsewhere now. What can be causing these lockups? 

Graham

Edited by gsumner

Not an autosave is it?

Like from FSUIPC perhaps?

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Is your system running over a network? I had a similar issue years ago that was similar (albeit not quite five second pauses - close to 2). Turned out is was something to do with simconnect operating over a WiFi network. Probably not in your instance as your saying it only happens in the UK......  Surely it's something to do with textures/scenery/mesh if its limited just to the UK...

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

I've just installed a new network card so maybe that's something to check. It's happening in other places too sadly. At first I thought just UK.

After 2 days of flying the same scenario looking for what's causing my issues I'm not going near it today 😢

Thanks for your input 👍

Graham

2 hours ago, Rogen said:

Not an autosave is it?

Like from FSUIPC perhaps?

No that's off too 😢

Thankyou

Graham

Hi I've actually been back to base scenery. At the moment I'm thinking hardware and a recently installed Lan card. 

Thankyou

🤔 Graham

Edited by gsumner