Sign in to follow this  
Jammin16

Help my P3D v4 Crash!!!

Hi every one,

I have a "big" problem with my P3D v4, It crashes and shuts down automatically!!!

My PC: Windows 10 Home, i5-7600k, M.2 SSD, GTX 1080 Aero & RAM 32GB.

I hope some can help me I have this pictures

S.png

P3D_v4_Crash.png

Best Regards

Jammin16

Round up the usual suspects. Dll.xml, scenery.cfg and Prepar3d.cfg. Make a Backup of the previous and delete one at a time and see if it loads. The Sim will rebuild all but the DLL.xml.Go from there.

Edited by Adrian123

Jammin16:

The most common culprit is "Prepar3D. config". It is located C:\Users\ ----\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Simply remove that file (Use cut and paste it somewhere handy). Restart P3D , it will rebuild the file and all should be good.

If you have to edit this file, ensure you don't use a regular word editor. That will most often result in P3D not starting.

Use "notepad++" or something similar. 

- Roger

32 minutes ago, sevenflyer said:

Jammin16:

The most common culprit is "Prepar3D. config". It is located C:\Users\ ----\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4.

Simply remove that file (Use cut and paste it somewhere handy). Restart P3D , it will rebuild the file and all should be good.

If you have to edit this file, ensure you don't use a regular word editor. That will most often result in P3D not starting.

Use "notepad++" or something similar. 

- Roger

I have tried what you said, but P3D v4 didn't rebuild the file! I have remove the file to my disctop.

4 hours ago, Adrian123 said:

Round up the usual suspects. Dll.xml, scenery.cfg and Prepar3d.cfg. Make a Backup of the previous and delete one at a time and see if it loads. The Sim will rebuild all but the DLL.xml.Go from there.

I have maybe found the problem when I get to C:\Users\---\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. I could not found the scenery.cfg file!

Edited by Jammin16

27 minutes ago, Jammin16 said:

I have maybe found the problem when I get to C:\Users\---\AppData\Roaming\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4. I could not found the scenery.cfg file!

When launching P3D, if no scenery.cfg exists, P3D will create it with default settings.

Confirm that no scenery.cfg exists, launch P3D, try loading a flight to see if it works without crashing.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

11 hours ago, somiller said:

When launching P3D, if no scenery.cfg exists, P3D will create it with default settings.

Confirm that no scenery.cfg exists, launch P3D, try loading a flight to see if it works without crashing.

Somiller,

As I said it didn't help. P3Dv4 launching not a new scenery.cfg!

unknown.png?width=1202&height=677

Edited by Jammin16

Scenery.cfg is located in...

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

And I wouldn' recommend deleting, renaming will suffice.

And before even doing that I would say first to clear the scenery indexes, i.e. delete the files in \SceneryIndexes_x64 and then test, because they will rebuild completely where as deleting the Scenery.cfg will not include custom areas when recreated.

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SceneryIndexes_x64\

Would also recommend deleting the shader cache, again they will rebuild completely.

C:\Users\account_name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

2 hours ago, Rogen said:

Scenery.cfg is located in...

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\

And I wouldn' recommend deleting, renaming will suffice.

And before even doing that I would say first to clear the scenery indexes, i.e. delete the files in \SceneryIndexes_x64 and then test, because they will rebuild completely where as deleting the Scenery.cfg will not include custom areas when recreated.

C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SceneryIndexes_x64\

Would also recommend deleting the shader cache, again they will rebuild completely.

C:\Users\account_name\AppData\Local\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\Shaders\

Cheers

Thank you very much, now it's not so bad but I have still the problem!

unknown.png

Edited by Jammin16