Sign in to follow this  
mikealphahotel

Saitek/Logitech Flight Instrument Panel problem

I have just upgraded my flight simulator PC. On the old set up I ran ten Saitek/Logitech Flight Information Panels (FIPs) split equally between two USB 2 hubs. That set up ran without problem.

On my new PC, the FIPs work if I connect them one by one, but they are blank when restarting the pc, something that didn't happen with the old pc. I have already disabled USB power management.

I haven't seen this particular issue in the forum before. Any ideas on a solution?

Thanks

Mike

On 2/16/2020 at 5:56 PM, mikealphahotel said:

I have just upgraded my flight simulator PC. On the old set up I ran ten Saitek/Logitech Flight Information Panels (FIPs) split equally between two USB 2 hubs. That set up ran without problem.

On my new PC, the FIPs work if I connect them one by one, but they are blank when restarting the pc, something that didn't happen with the old pc. I have already disabled USB power management.

I haven't seen this particular issue in the forum before. Any ideas on a solution?

Thanks

Mike

Hi, did you solve this problem? I have exactly the same problem as you but happens with five or six devices at random. I have to reconnect devices every time I restart or shutdown PC.. didn’t happen in the past. My ten fips are connected on 2x4 hubs and 1x2 ( internal )  running spad drivers. Tried connecting them on motherboard usbs thinking the problem might have been with the hubs itself but same thing. Tried everything and driving me and my son crazy. 

This is usually due to the Hubs not having enough power.  The PSU that usually comes with the Hubs is never enough.  When those boot up they will pull a lot of current.  I have 9 FIPS connected to a single HUB and I replaced the PSU that came with it.... only like 2A of output from it.... I now have a PSU that will supply 10A to the hub.  

I also Put a Power Switch in line with the DC output to the HUB so that I can power them down and up with a single button when needed that way they are not always powered up or running when I am not using them....  

• Upvote 1

Les O'Reilly

Thanks for the reply but I should have mentioned that the hubs are internal ones.   Also tried them on built in USBs from the mobo. 

Edited by wlbear

On 1/4/2021 at 1:39 PM, Phantoms said:

If simply unplugging then re-plugging the usb connectors works, then try the USB enhanced power control fix at

https://web.archive.org/web/20201001115703/http://uraster.com/en-us/products/usbenhancedpowermanagerdisabler.aspx

You must disable advanced power management for each of the devices and must also run a registry patch like the one Phantoms pointed to.  I have posted about this numerous times since I encountered it in 2015.  I jumped at countless hoops, not jumping through any of them, until I discovered what was needed.

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

10 hours ago, fppilot said:

You must disable advanced power management for each of the devices and must also run a registry patch like the one Phantoms pointed to.  I have posted about this numerous times since I encountered it in 2015.  I jumped at countless hoops, not jumping through any of them, until I discovered what was needed.

it's annoying.  Some point in the last few weeks windows decided to once again turn them on.  Then my sim once again thought I had a brand new throttle and "forgot" my assignments.  agree.  the program is great

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Found this topic and the little program, and now my Multipanel works completely instead of partially (display and trim wheel now also work). Had already  edited usb power options in device manager, and installed a powered external usb hub, before this.

MS FS 2020 | I9-13900K@5.8 GHZ  | 64 GB DDR5 4800mhz |  ASUS TUF RTX 4090 O24G Gaming   | HP Reverb G2 | Navigraph | VATSIM | TPR Pedals | Virpil collective & stick | Honeycomb | 2023: Real life RPL MLA microlight trainee (Ikarus C42CS)