Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Aerosoft Airbus 330 or QW Dreamliner 787?

I'd like to buy one of these two aircrafts. Which one would you suggest to me? Thanks

Real Deraps

Boeing or Airbus.......! Hmm never answered questions....Joke on a side, don't know about AS 330, have 787, not that bad. I would like to see upgrade on that equipment, few things need to be modeled better, but overall flyable. I made few long haul routes, handles decent, personally not impressed with VNAV, VC lights and some interior textures. Not a deal breaker. Very nice sound and ground "behavior". That's my opinion....Haven't read much about AS330....since I've read a lot on recent upgrade on their 320's and......opted for premium FSL.

Alex 

3 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Boeing or Airbus.......! Hmm never answered questions....Joke on a side, don't know about AS 330, have 787, not that bad. I would like to see upgrade on that equipment, few things need to be modeled better, but overall flyable. I made few long haul routes, handles decent, personally not impressed with VNAV, VC lights and some interior textures. Not a deal breaker. Very nice sound and ground "behavior". That's my opinion....Haven't read much about AS330....since I've read a lot on recent upgrade on their 320's and......opted for premium FSL.

Thank you Cyyzrwy24.

Real Deraps

3 minutes ago, Lmaire said:

Thank you Cyyzrwy24.

Uhhh, last time I wrote similar comment I've got "beaten"...badly...👍

• Like 1

Alex 

I have both, if you want to get up and fly long haul quickly with just enough realism and with co-pilot help I would say the AS A333. The QW787 is a bit more immersive with a lot more systems to play with, yet simple enough to enjoy. Both are good, why not buy one now, save your pennies and purchase the other further down the track.

Steve

steve southey

AS330 still need some polishment, but from what 320 could provide, it can gives much better VNAV profile than QW787 to be enjoy for normal flight.

While QW have some more swicthes to push, non of them have deep system simulation for non-normal condition, so better normal opreation is a good touch.

Also, AS330 is much heavier on FPS, and will behavior odd when FPS is low, even at a single glitch like loading an airport, AI or plugin your Flashdisk

• Upvote 1

I think the 787 is the more polished of the two, the A330 is still very early in it’s post release development as Aerosoft acknowledges.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

I throw another aspect into the equation, an aspect that was the main reason why I got myself a copy of the QW 787 and no other long haul plane: the "jump ahead feature". For me, as a simmer with rather limited time for flying around (2-3h max. per session), long haul flying died the moment the addons got so complex that even 4x time acceleration was not really possible anymore. This feature allows me now to do long hauls again and at least to me, it works really well.

PS: for those not aware about the feature: it allows to jump to any aheady waypoint and the fuel consumption is still considered and calculated. Although it results in a reload of the scenery etc., it allows to perform long hauls of whatever distance and duration in about 2-3hrs easily. Simply climb to TOC, jump to a waypoint before TOD and descend and land. Only little drawback: ProATC/X does not support the feature, so after jumping, you need to call for direct-to's several times until ProATC/X is back on track.

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

If you have other "Buses" - I would go 787 for a nice change (its doesn't feel quite as real as the AS or FSL ones or PMDG 737) - but still fun and has some features that the others don't (like jump ahead as shown above)

Edited by julian46
more

I like the QW787.  Decent Systems, EFB, Very high quality textures/sounds.  I like the aerosoft A330 also however.  But if I had to pick one it would be the 787

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

QW787...... if your frame rates go under 15 fps for some reason, it actually stays airborne.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I'll cast my vote for the 787. I have both. Only messed around with the 330. Havent taken her for a ride yet. The 787 is perfect for my simming needs. I dont need failures modeled. Most of the important things work. Ive made over 100 flights on the -8 and -9 (I've yet to take the -10 out), both short haul and long. I love the plane. 

Not sure why the hate for the VNAV? Either im doing something wrong that I don't have these issues. Or I'm just not that picky. I usually use VNAV climb amd decent. 

Never had any a/c related CTDs. 

Whatever choice you make, I hope it brings you many hours of simming happiness!

-Tony@PVD 

Edited by breakinghbts
Spelling

Tony Moore

guys, AS A330 was released only 3 months ago...QW787 went out years ago...give to AS times to try to fix and improve it at least

Edited by generale84

11 minutes ago, generale84 said:

guys, AS A330 was released only 3 months ago...QW787 went out years ago...give to AS times to try to fix and improve it at least

Or how about release it when it's flyable?  Don't blame us for criticism, you reap what you sow.