Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Lmaire

Aerosoft Airbus 330 or QW Dreamliner 787?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, nazethc said:

 

Or how about release it when it's flyable?  Don't blame us for criticism, you reap what you sow.

 

I don't blame anyone... I said only that also when QW787 was relesed, they give it to us with bugs...differents, maybe harmless bugs, but with it.

I start fly in '98...never seen released an addon of any kinds without a next update.

Edited by generale84
add quote

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, generale84 said:

 

I don't blame anyone... I said only that also when QW787 was relesed, they give it to us with bugs...differents, maybe harmless bugs, but with it.

I start fly in '98...never seen released an addon of any kinds without a next update.

Aerosoft even says that the 15 fps thing is not considered a bug though, which is ridiculous IMHO.  I've never experienced that with any other payware.

Edited by nazethc
spelling
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, generale84 said:

guys, AS A330 was released only 3 months ago...QW787 went out years ago...give to AS times to try to fix and improve it at least

And how long was it in development? See, this is the problem with this niche market, people are so used to paying nowadays to beta test that people actually defend companies that do it. Talk about conditioned behavior. Another Aerosoft beta product full of bugs. 

  • Like 2

Eric 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post

deleted.  wrong message

Edited by micstatic
wrong message

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, EVGA FTW3 3090, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, 43" Samsung X60R 4k and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Share this post


Link to post
On 2/17/2020 at 10:00 AM, nazethc said:

QW787...... if your frame rates go under 15 fps for some reason, it actually stays airborne.

Further to this, the 330 currently has a characteristic (stated by Aerosoft) wherein if the frame rate drops below 15 at any time the sim will fault/fail. The symptom of this is that your aircraft will suddenly dive with protection modes active, or climb straight up at TOGA, etc. Aerosoft has acknowledged this, pointing to it being a problem in users' pc's rather than a bug/fault/failing in their product or design methodology. 

I've experienced this in situations where I was FAR away from airports or spawning AI and frame rates were in the high 30-50 range. Regardless, the 330 is a nice add-on, but it's frustrating to be on approach to a busy airport and suddenly lose the flight because your sim had a microsecond stutter when loading or refreshing the AI located at your destination. 

You'll likely be happy with either plane, as long as these traits are known at the start.


Dan Dominik                                                                           

"I thought you said your dog does not bite....
                                                                That's not my dog."

Share this post


Link to post

I do not have the Airbus, but really enjoy the QW787. Good FPS, visuals in and out and easy learning curve. So it gets my vote.


Flight Simulator's - Prepar3d V5.3/MSFS2020 | Operating System - WIN 10 | Main Board - GIGABYTE Z390 AORUS PRO | CPU - INTEL 9700k (5.0Ghz) | RAM - VIPER 32Gig DDR4 4000Mhz | Video Card - EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 ULTRA Monitor - DELL 38" ULTRAWIDE | Case - CORSAIR 750D FULL TOWER | CPU Cooling - CORSAIR H150i Elite Push/Pull | Power Supply - EVGA 1000 G+ 

Share this post


Link to post
22 hours ago, B777ER said:

And how long was it in development? See, this is the problem with this niche market, people are so used to paying nowadays to beta test that people actually defend companies that do it. Talk about conditioned behavior. Another Aerosoft beta product full of bugs. 

true, If you pay 100-150$ for an addon.

But not also the same for a 50$ addon

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, generale84 said:

true, If you pay 100-150$ for an addon.

But not also the same for a 50$ addon

I disagree.


Eric 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, generale84 said:

true, If you pay 100-150$ for an addon.

But not also the same for a 50$ addon

So, by your logic, you're saying since it's 50 bucks it can be a garbage release?  

Share this post


Link to post

Currently it's easy, the QW787 is complete with all types and engine variants. The Aerosoft A330 is a great model of one type, the -300 with RR engines only. Were still missing the -200 and freight variants along with GE and P&W engines.

Hopefully the A330 will be completed for the Prepar3d environment with the upcoming FS2020 coming this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 hours ago, sddjd said:

Further to this, the 330 currently has a characteristic (stated by Aerosoft) wherein if the frame rate drops below 15 at any time the sim will fault/fail. The symptom of this is that your aircraft will suddenly dive with protection modes active, or climb straight up at TOGA, etc. Aerosoft has acknowledged this, pointing to it being a problem in users' pc's rather than a bug/fault/failing in their product or design methodology.

They seem to have ported this problem over to the smaller airbusses, because I experienced this problem on two flights. Suddenly the AP disconnected and the aircraft started climbing like crazy. Had to basically restart the word not allowed flight(s).

Will not be buying the A 330 until this problem is fixed.

That said, I bought the QW 787 for FS Steam. Enjoyed it a lot. Cockpit is nice and clean, in contrast to the cluttered mess of the 737. However, I'm reluctant to pay up full price for the P3D version.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

They seem to have ported this problem over to the smaller airbusses, because I experienced this problem on two flights. Suddenly the AP disconnected and the aircraft started climbing like crazy. Had to basically restart the word not allowed flight(s).

That's always been the case with their airbuses, by design.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...