Sign in to follow this  
Viking01

Rhine Tour - Part II

This part II of our tour along the river Rhine.

We depart from Langenlonsheim (EDEL) and follow the Rhine until we reach today's destination Konstanz (EDTZ) at Lake Constanz.
In between, we will land at Oppenheim (EDGP), Worms (EDFV), Speyer (EDRY), Karlsruhe (EDSB), Bremgarten (EDTG), and Herten (EDTR).

speyer88jac.jpg

Documentation: Flight plans and a pilots guide can be found here.

Aircraft: The trip has 254 nm, so a slow GA plane will do. I will be in my A2A Cherokee. As always, please fly what you like.

Scenery: We will fly within ORBX Germany South Region (GES), all airfields are improved over the default scenery. Nevertheless, I recommend three very nice sceneries for this flight (we used them all in the past): 
Oppenheim can be enhanced with the Sierra Foxtrott Design Version, to be downloaded here. We landed there during our Back Country flight around Frankfurt in December last year.
Also very nice are Joerg Dannenberg's Flight Port sceneries for FSX. They look very well when used with the Flight Port Library for P3D! I recommend to use the Worms and Speyer sceneries for this flight. Please check your E-Mail for further details.

Time and weather: Please set your clock for a 15:00 hrs local departure. If the real weather is unsuitable we could switch to Monday, Feburary 17, 11:00 hrs local  weather.

Particulars
•    Date and time: Feb 22, 2020  1900 UTC
•    Where: AVSIM RTWR Teamspeak - Casual Flights Channel
•    Teamspeak Server Address: ts.teamavsim.com
•    Cross-Platform Multiplayer: JoinFS. Latest version is here. (FSX, FSX-SE, and P3D)

If you want to help others enjoy the multiplayer experience, don't forget to enter your aircraft details on the multiplayer spreadsheet (linked here). Your courtesy will save others a lot of time and effort. Thanks!

• Upvote 1

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider

Ron, great idea of using the Classics Hangar Bf 108. And thanks for the heads-up on Paul Stecewycz's videos of his years-long restoration project for Kermit Weeks. These provide lots of "inside" information on the classic aircraft in a way that we don't normally get to see. Lovely.

The payware Classics Hangar model is an older FSX version that remains truly excellent. Unfortunately, there is no "proxy" for P3Dv4 (the previous FS9 freeware proxy is incompatible). Our multiplayer colleagues might choose to substitute a small low-wing taildragger...maybe a Vans RV7 or an Extra 300?

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

I'm not sure if this will work but I did what I did for the CH-701 which seemed to work OK.

Perhaps some brave soul would care to try it.

The link is still good. :biggrin:

or no good! ☹️

Edited by charliearon
Checked validity of link and link deleted per OP

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

Have an eye cause I'm countering with an equally as old (almost) Vertigo Studios Curtiss P-36 Hawk!

IGNORE IGNORE this Hawk insert!.

Edited by nbrich1

1 minute ago, nbrich1 said:

Have an eye cause I'm countering with an equally as old (almost) Vertigo Studios Curtiss P-36 Hawk!

Awkward sod!

Very.. sorry!! .. I'm a very slow canuck  today.. Now in the BF108!!

Edited by nbrich1

4 hours ago, nbrich1 said:

Very.. sorry!! .. I'm a very slow canuck  today.. Now in the BF108!!

Good man. There's hope for you yet. :smile:

Rhine2_Ron%20rockets%20out%20of%20Worms%

Thanks for the lovely flight over the Rhine Valley, Gunter. Lots of sights, including the palaces at Biebrich and Mannheim, the cathedrals at Worms and Speyer, and the marvelous Technik Museum of Speyer, hot and cold nuclear plants, as well as the beautiful snowy Alpine border between Germany and Switzerland. This all gave us a chance to enjoy a bit of playful formation and chase plane flying. You can see some screenshots by downloading the file Flying the Rhine Part 2 here.

Rhine%202_Bert%20over%20snow%20covered%2

--Mike MacKuen
MikeM_AVSIM.png?dl=1

You are welcome Mike. Very nice screenshots, I could re-fly the whole trip. Thanks for sharing!

Gunter.png?dl=1

Regards

Gunter Schneider