Sign in to follow this  
Michael123

Add day to parked update file

Hello,

first of all thank you for this great addon. It works very well.

Have you already thought about adding the day Monday, Tuesday... to the parked update file for every realtime parking?

Would it make even more realistic.

Best Regards,

Michael

31 minutes ago, Michael123 said:

Have you already thought about adding the day Monday, Tuesday... to the parked update file for every realtime parking?

Yes I have.

The easiest way to implement it in PSXT is to "code" the day in the hours, for instance Monday = 1..24, Tuesday is 25 .. 48, and so on till Sunday 145 .. 168.

However, this would not be backwards compatible and it will take a lot longer before PSXT has 'self learned' a good airport file, covering a whole week.

I don't think that many users want this. What is most important is that you only see parked aircraft of the airlines that fly at/from the airport with the correct type. Then comes the hour of the day. And after that the day...

If I would implement the day, the next question will be to support summer- and wintertime 😉

Edited by kiek
  • Like 1

Ok understand.

But backwards compatibility could be solved by if one day is not available or not enough available the next day and so on is searched for. The present parked updated files could be continued to used than.

This option could be activiated by checkbox, so if somebody doesen't want the day it stays at the old algorithm.

Another thing: If a timestamp is behind every real parking position, it would be possible to remove older entries very easy. e.g. I do not want the real parkings < 01.04.2018 anymore.

3 hours ago, Michael123 said:

But backwards compatibility could be solved by if one day is not available or not enough available the next day and so on is searched for. The present parked updated files could be continued to used than.

This option could be activiated by checkbox, so if somebody doesen't want the day it stays at the old algorithm.

Another thing: If a timestamp is behind every real parking position, it would be possible to remove older entries very easy. e.g. I do not want the real parkings < 01.04.2018 anymore.

I'm already experimenting  with a solution that is backwards compatible. 🙂 I code the hours of days between 24 and 192.  With a checkbox you can switch between strict day parking or the old way.

Timestamps are very time and space (in the file) consuming i'm afraid. It is easier to delete the airport file and to start recording again. It will not take long before you have a good new one.

Edited by kiek