Sign in to follow this  
Paull57

Has any version of Release 1.9 been sent to other stores?

Thank you. I can confirm that while PCAviator still shows 1.9G, it actually installs as 1.9H.

• Upvote 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Since I started this topic, I thank all that replied. Here is a quick summary of my experience so far.

I just looked at PCaviator and it does show 1.9H on their web site and when I downloaded and installed it the last time and installed it, the programs list showed that it was already 1.9H as flyblueskies posted on Feb 22, even though the PCaviator web site was calling it 1.9G when I downloaded it. I have since made 5 flights all using P3DV4.5 and I haven't seen any problems so far. I have not used the FSX version at all since I tend to have crash to desktop in FSX too often. Very frustrating after a long flight to find myself getting knocked out of FSX just as I start my approach, as we all have probably experienced. So I basically use FSX only when I want to fly an airplane that only installs in FSX.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Paull57 said:

I have since made 5 flights all using P3DV4.5 and I haven't seen any problems so far.

Thanks for closing the loop on this. Glad to hear the Falcon50 is working well for you.

Al

• Upvote 1

I have the 1.9H version and I thought there was a sound made when the throttles were moved to the cutoff position.  Is that true?

Al

Al Kaupa

Digital Storm purchased 8/17/2011; Win7x64: Asus P8P67 Deluxe; Intel i7 2600K@3,9 GHZ; nVidia GTX 560Ti; 8GB DDR3 1600 Corsair Dominator; Power Corsair HX 750W; Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD; 300GB WD VelociRaptor; 1TB Seagate.

On 2/29/2020 at 7:54 PM, Airbus said:

I have the 1.9H version and I thought there was a sound made when the throttles were moved to the cutoff position.  Is that true?

No, I don't think so. I don't hear anything when the throttles are moved into and out of cutoff on my system, and I couldn't find any code that would implement that (although I can only see parts of the interior model file since it is compiled).

In any case, I added some code to the Falcon_50 cab file that does implement sound when the thrust levers are moved in to and out of cutoff.  To try this you just have to past a new Falcon_50.cab file into the Falcon's panel folder in place of the original Falcon_50.cab file. I would first backup the existing cab file by renaming it Falcon_50_Orig.cab.

If you want to try this experiment PM me an email address and I'll send you the new cab file to try on your system.

EDIT: To download the new Falcon_50.cab file see https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/571236-falcon50-thrust-levers-cutoff-sound/

Al

Edited by ark

20 hours ago, ark said:

If you want to try this experiment PM me an email address and I'll send you the new cab file to try on your system.

Hi Al. PM sent!

Roberto

The Falcon50 ver 1.9H has been released to all stores so I think this thread has run its course and is now locked. Please start new threads as needed.

If interested in adding a sound as the Falcon's throttles are moved in and out of cutoff as mentioned above, see the thread here:

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/571236-falcon50-thrust-levers-cutoff-sound/

Al

Edited by ark