Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Flight1 GTN750 Complete problems continued

Hello all,

Apologies to all for re-igniting this thread.

As those of you who followed my last thread know, I have been having extreme problems for the last three months trying to install and use this Flight1 GTN750 Complete product.

I eventually gave up on the !@@#$&*^$%@#$#^ thing and uninstalled it after also uninstalling the Purchase Agent.  The uninstall left a folder in Program data (Flight1 GTN750) I deleted I then checked User/appdata/roaming/Flight1 Aviation Technologies/GTN Gauge folder. this contained

F1initcode

that.gd188_gtsb_0_data

gsm.pmf

All of these files and folders were deleted and I followed up with a search on Drive C for anything Flight1 related.  Nothing was found.

I rebooted the computer and found a familiar folder in Program data (Flight1 GTN750) which, I deleted again, and then I checked User/appdata/roaming/Flight1 Aviation Technologies/GTN Gauge folder. this contained an again, familiar,

F1initcode

that.gd188_gtsb_0_data

gsm.pmf

These files/folders were again deleted without the reboot. 

I clicked on P3D and that started booting until I got the dreaded error code 10 message. ... clicked on OK then got "missing a dll" message and again clicked on OK. P3D finished loading.I then checked Program files and the !#*)(&^^%)*&&*(&))&(^*^ file was back.  I deleted it (again) and followed that by checking the appdata file again which verified that that folder was back as well.
I have to further tell you that I have now got the RXP for P3D and for XPlane11.  

I was absolutely amazed at how smooth that download process and installation was.  It did not, however, use the Purchase agent and used instead, the red aircraft installer/wrapper.  

No aircraft have been configured because I cannot get rid of whatever it is in the system that is constantly reinserting the above mentioned problems.

I have now spent about two days trying to find a solution to a problem occurring from an uninstalled programme. This is now, being regarded by me as nothing but harrassment, and I am wondering if I can take legal action.

Can anybody please tell me what the devil is causing this consistent re-inserting of those two folders and whether or not, I have to reformat my C drive, and reinstall Windows in order to get rid of Flight1 permanently.

This is now, not in the least humorous.

I really want to use RXP but I do not want to have any sort of conflict with the Flight 1 product.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

Check your gauges folder for anything related to Flight1 & GTN..... F1GTN.dll was there for me....

Well written uninstaller !!

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Gazzareth,

Well found  mate.

I did not remotely, think to look there because the error 10 message told me that the F1GTN.dll was missing from the gauges folder and to restore it from the quarantine folder and reinstall?????

I tried to delete it after I found it, but it would not let me, Strangely, I was able to rename it to gn.dll ... rebooted and then looked for those folders in Program data and in appdata.

Nothing there, so I got into P3D. All OK.

What an incredible programme for Flight1 to inflict on an unsuspecting public.

After an incredibly smooth install of the RXP Product, I am looking forward to configuring some aircraft tomorrow. I am NOT anticipating the same problems.

Thanks mate. I will also try again tomorrow to delete the "gn.dll" file. I don't know what is happening there, but I guess, it is only to be expected.

Regards with HUGE thanks.

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

F1GTN.dll

10 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Thanks mate. I will also try again tomorrow to delete the "gn.dll" file. I don't know what is happening there, but I guess, it is only to be expected.

If you haven't already, I would try to delete the F1GTN.dll ( or gn.dll ) file before starting whatever flight simulator you are using. If you still have Flight1 issues after deleting this file, if it were me I'd search the Registry looking for F1 or Flight1 entries.

Al

Hello all,

Today is the big day,

I HAVE managed to delete that file (gn,dll) entirely and everything now looks normal  ... Finally.

I will shortly begin configuring some aircraft, initially in P3D with my new RXP product. Now, THAT, I am looking forward to.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

14 minutes ago, himmelhorse said:

Hello all,

Today is the big day,

I HAVE managed to delete that file (gn,dll) entirely and everything now looks normal  ... Finally.

I will shortly begin configuring some aircraft, initially in P3D with my new RXP product. Now, THAT, I am looking forward to.

Regards

Tony

Let us know if you need a hand with this.. :happy:

• Like 1

Bert

Bert,

Thank you kindly mate,

I have just had a very quick look at it and it does, indeed, appear to be a very different process to that of the GTN.

However, I have just been called away (inevitable) by "She who must be obeyed"

I will get back to you with gratitude

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

Bert,

I have just sent you a PM mate.

Regards

Tony

Tony Chilcott.

3 hours ago, himmelhorse said:

Bert,

I have just sent you a PM mate.

Regards

Tony

Sent you something to try.. :happy:

Bert

Sorry to get this thread going again but I need some help.

I uninstalled the Flight1GTN Complete in preparation for installing the RXP GTN750.
Thanks, BTW,  to the great info provided in this thread I managed to get rid of the files left by the uninstaller which in turn got rid of the error code 10 message I too was seeing when launching the sim after I did the uninstall. 

Before installing the RXP GTN750 I wanted to make sure everything nav wise was back to normal in P3D. It is not. If I try to enter a flight plan into the stock GNS 530, I have no interesections. Only airports, NDBs and VORs. Doesn't matter where I am in the world. All intersections are missing. 

I also tried composing a flight plan using the AivlaSoft EFB.  Everything looks as it should in the EFB but not in the stock GNS 530 where I see the route with the origin and destination airports along with any enroute  NDBs/ VORs but still no intersections. 

Could it be that somehow the P3D nav database has become corrupted?
If that is the case, how do I restore it?

The other possibility, I suppose, is that my problem has nothing at all to do with the removal of the Flight1 GTN Complete which I was using pretty much exclusively for flight planning.

With that being the case, I would not have noticed the problem with the stock GNS 530.

Maybe I should just go ahead and install the RXP GTN750 anyway.

It might work OK but I'd feel better about it if the sim's stock GPS nav functions were working properly before I do that.

Thanks in advance for all thoughts/comments/suggestions.

...Lloyd

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

Neither the F1 or RXP use the default data in p3d, the data they use comes from the database for the Garmin Trainer. So you don't need to wait to install / use the RXP or repair any issues with p3d.

Have you updated the default p3d data, sure that can cause issues with intersections and/or airways..... I never use the default GPS or planner so have not checked since updating tbh.. ..

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

And guess what.. you can have the F1 GTN and the RXP GTN installed in P3D at the same time.. without any problems as best I can tell :happy:

Bert

Yes, I have them both installed, no problems at the moment, with the f1 I always alter the cores from auto to the last 2.

bob

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

And guess what.. you can have the F1 GTN and the RXP GTN installed in P3D at the same time.. without any problems as best I can tell :happy:

Yep, agree, works fine for me.

Al

Now that I know that the RXP 750 uses its own nav database just as the Flight1 version does I will go ahead with the install.

However, I am still curious about my default P3D nav database which is missing all intersections.

Any one know how to restore it?

Thanks,

Lloyd

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)