Sign in to follow this  
JoinTheLocalizer

Help randomizing ATC chatter on airport and/or category

I wrote a stupid simple script that receives as input an mp3 file (i.e. LiveATC archive) and partitions the file into audio chunks based on silences that measure X seconds or longer (parameterized). I have about a few hundred of these chunks in my output folder after a few test files. Can I randomize their respective folder's playback based on what frequency I am currently at?

Based on how you describe your files, you can set up the Chatter in Controller mode and place your files in the respective folders Twr, Gnd, etc.  See the User's Guide for details on how to set that up.

If you have files from different regions such as USA, Canada, Europe, etc. you can do the more elaborate Region folder set up and get different files playing as you cross from USA to Canada, for example.

Dave

36 minutes ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

Based on how you describe your files, you can set up the Chatter in Controller mode and place your files in the respective folders Twr, Gnd, etc.  See the User's Guide for details on how to set that up.

If you have files from different regions such as USA, Canada, Europe, etc. you can do the more elaborate Region folder set up and get different files playing as you cross from USA to Canada, for example.

Dave

Thanks. I did place my files within K4 -> KFAY -> Dep for example but did not get audio files when I transitioned from tower. Is that where I should put the files? Are the files within that folder played in a fixed sequence or are they randomized?

That's the setup for Country and Airport Folders option.

You would need files in ...K4->KFAY->Twr to get sound when on Tower frequency. 

Setting up Country and Airport Folders is extremely tedious as you  have to have multiple files for each controller at each airport, meaning thousands of files to cover only a few airports.

You might want to consider the Controller Folders option starting on page 108 of the User's Guide.

Dave

16 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

That's the setup for Country and Airport Folders option.

You would need files in ...K4->KFAY->Twr to get sound when on Tower frequency. 

Setting up Country and Airport Folders is extremely tedious as you  have to have multiple files for each controller at each airport, meaning thousands of files to cover only a few airports.

You might want to consider the Controller Folders option starting on page 108 of the User's Guide.

Dave

I may still go with this option as I run only a limited number of airports. My script can easily be changed to move the LiveATC file into the correct folder based on the archive's filename, although region would be slightly more challenging. For my purposes I would just assume K4 since I only practice my IFR routes in the SE region.