Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Hows that Nvidia Frame limiter working out?

28 minutes ago, jabloomf1230 said:

I don't get that type of stuttering. It may be because I also use FFTF Dynamic.

Same here btw.

This has been a really interesting thread, so I was hoping someone could help with NCP. When I set Max Frame rate to 30 under Program Settings - Prepar3d, it doesn't limit the frame rate in the sim, instead I get 60+ frames (with or without adaptive half refresh). I'm using driver 445.75. None of the previous suggestions worked. Does anyone have any other ideas why the setting isn't applying?

Edited by Gabshall
For clarification.

I eventually went to RIVA Tuner for this reason way back when.

However, I did test it a month ago and it worked with a new driver install, but went back to Riva Tuner because it stutters.

8 hours ago, Gabshall said:

Does anyone have any other ideas why the setting isn't applying?

Did you click on  ‘Apply’ ( bottom right corner of the Control Panel Screen)

There's always one - and in this case it's 'onebob'! At least that suggestion brought a smile to my face.

1 hour ago, Gabshall said:

There's always one - and in this case it's 'onebob'! At least that suggestion brought a smile to my face.

Very often it's the 'obvious' thing that gets missed. Anyone who has spent any time on a helpdesk will confirm this.

'I came into the office today and my screen is completely blank'.        Have you tried switching on your pc?   .......'errrrr'.

John B

36 minutes ago, Biggles2010 said:

Very often it's the 'obvious' thing that gets missed. Anyone who has spent any time on a helpdesk will confirm this.

'I came into the office today and my screen is completely blank'.        Have you tried switching on your pc?   .......'errrrr'.

'My computer is really slow, do you think i have a virus?"

'Probably not. When was the last time you restarted your computer?'

'A month ago.'

:merem:

Turns out the solution was trivial, but slightly more technical than the 'obvious'. Switching input from HDMI to display port allowed the setting to control frame rate. Possibly monitor dependent so YMMV.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 9:30 PM, Gabshall said:

This has been a really interesting thread, so I was hoping someone could help with NCP. When I set Max Frame rate to 30 under Program Settings - Prepar3d, it doesn't limit the frame rate in the sim, instead I get 60+ frames (with or without adaptive half refresh). I'm using driver 445.75. None of the previous suggestions worked. Does anyone have any other ideas why the setting isn't applying?

I've given up on The NCP setting for now. It wasn't reliable here. Some days it would lock it to 30, other days it was ignored. So I'm using my previous RTSS again which is working reliably.

Not been able to see any reason for NCP setting failing.