Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

February 20th, 2020 – Development/Insider Update

7 minutes ago, bonchie said:

It blows my mind that anyone can watch the video in comparison to what we have now, claim it looks like an RC simulator, and say "I'm not that impressed." 

Honestly, I commend Asobo for not losing their freaking minds with some in this fanbase at this point. I'd have been tempted to throw my hands up a long time ago and I certainly see why ACES disconnected from the community back during FSX's production.

What is wrong by commenting something that I am not that impressed about? I am impressed by 95% of what I have seen, but something, like HUGE grass is something that I am not impressed about, It just looks weird.

If everyone just say Hallelulja to everything, the sim won't be improved much.  I believe that Asobo  /MS can stand some criticism.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

Roar Kristensen    www.flightsim4fun.com

P3Dv4 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BAv4 for immersive PMDG B737/777/747 flying

XPLANE 11 with Opencockpits hardware controlled by OC4BA_XP for immersive  B737 flying

rmMShli.jpg?1 WylQl0J.jpg?3

3 minutes ago, aleex said:

If people didn’t complain, we will still having 2D graphics. Complaining is not always a bad thing.

Constructive comments are one thing, degrading destructive comments are another.

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Bottle said:

I hope someone makes a campfire and BBQ mod so bush flyers in multiplayer can have a fly-in and a chinwag over a beer and burger.

In FSX, there was/is a campfire you can add to sceneries, though I don't recall a barbeque.  Shouldn't be hard to model.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

2 minutes ago, Rimshot said:

Ok then, let's have it fellas! 😁

Yes, I've read about what Ortho4XP can do. I was talking about X-Plane 'out of the box' as that is the only fair comparison with default MSFS.

Exactly, as there are several addons we can throw in there.

Great video. couple of things. When talking about these undulating airports, what about places like Ketchikan PAKT or Chester KSNC which have elevated runways over the tarmac. What do they look like? I know Sedona KSEZ is dome shaped and is in AFS2.

In the Aspen shot, its great to see Winter but noticed the snow effect does not work on slated surfaces like all the roof tops that are not flat.

1 hour ago, domkle said:

The vid I posted above distinctly shows taller grass along the runway strip.

Correct! There are some great panorama view photos on google earth for this airport!

17 minutes ago, aleex said:

If people didn’t complain, we will still having 2D graphics. Complaining is not always a bad thing.

There's a difference between valid, proportional critiques and just being ridiculous about stuff. 

Edited by bonchie
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Ident said:

Great video. couple of things. When talking about these undulating airports, what about places like Ketchikan PAKT or Chester KSNC which have elevated runways over the tarmac. What do they look like? I know Sedona KSEZ is dome shaped and is in AFS2.

In the Aspen shot, its great to see Winter but noticed the snow effect does not work on slated surfaces like all the roof tops that are not flat.

Do you mean like these condos in Aspen without snow on the roof?

SnowmassCondos_800x350.png

9 minutes ago, roarkr said:

What is wrong by commenting something that I am not that impressed about? I am impressed by 95% of what I have seen, but something, like HUGE grass is something that I am not impressed about, It just looks weird.

If everyone just say Hallelulja to everything, the sim won't be improved much.  I believe that Asobo  /MS can stand some criticism.

The video was 8 minutes long. It was not a single still of some tall grass. 

7 minutes ago, Ident said:

That was present in the original snow teaser video. You could see snow on the slanted roofs of the photogrammetry. Perhaps they still have to finish adding it for generic buildings like Aspen contains. 

Edited by bonchie

38 minutes ago, bonchie said:

It blows my mind that anyone can watch the video in comparison to what we have now, claim it looks like an RC simulator, and say "I'm not that impressed." 

It blows my mind that people are having their minds blown by two generation old graphics all the while reviewers say ray tracing will never catch on.

Its a very nice new flight sim targeting modern high end hardware, they aren't turning water into wine.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

15 minutes ago, roarkr said:

What is wrong is that you are wrong 😋 . As I said above  Sirena pics generally show a mowed lawn where the aircraft park but tall wild grass along the runway. Tropical oceanic weather makes tall grass. Heat and humidity.

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Unless you get a ton of snow, there is usually differential snow accumulation on roofs due to different levels of roof insulation and heating within the buildings. It can indeed end up being some roofs with no or little snow whilst others are covered. Can even be different accumulations in different areas of the same roof as well. I would argue that differential snow accumulation on roofs in MSFS is a feature, not a bug, and testament to their level of accuracy in modelling.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Anders Bermann said:

Oh boy, was I wrong about this one!! 🙂

This is really an amazing platform - but I can certainly also see room for improvement. It's quite amazing to see, that they have gone into detail with vehicles, ground services, moving jetways etc - but (and not to be a 'party-pooper') let's not forget, that FSX had these elements as well. Some better than others. 

Without knowing exactly what and how the ground traffic and service vehicles are implemented, I doubt that 'they have replaced GSX'. The way I see it, it's a great starting point and can serve as a 'launch platform' or groundbase for further refinements from 3rd party developers. It really looks amazing and I don't mind, that 3rd party developers like FSDreamTeam, FlyTampa, FlightBeam etc can make improvements of the airports.

Hats off to Asobo and Microsoft! It's really starting to look good.

Can't wait.

For once I actually agree with you. lol

• Like 1

Sante Sottile

2 minutes ago, Bottle said:

Unless you get a ton of snow, there is usually differential snow accumulation on roofs due to different levels of roof insulation and heating within the buildings. It can indeed end up being some roofs with no or little snow whilst others are covered. Can even be different accumulations in different areas of the same roof as well. I would argue that differential snow accumulation on roofs in MSFS is a feature, not a bug, and testament to their level of accuracy in modelling.

Just like the aspen photo I posted

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1