Sign in to follow this  
Dirk98

How to change date in a saved scenario?

How to change date in a saved *.fxml? Which line to look for?

Are there apps that edit parameters of *.fxml?

Thanks.

Edited by Dirk98

I think I've found the line under "DateTimeSeason", it must be it. Still I wish there was a tool for this.

Edited by Dirk98

Why can't you load it as the default flight and change the date and time on the opening scree.?

Tom

An excellent example of overthinking versus common sense.☺️

Edited by Reader

Since a few versions ago it's now possible to change prior to loading the scenario, because It's now actually a two-step loading process. Earlier you really couldn't change it on the screen.

• Upvote 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

On 2/21/2020 at 11:33 AM, Reader said:

An excellent example of overthinking versus common sense.☺️

or perplexity

8 hours ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Since a few versions ago it's now possible to change prior to loading the scenario, because It's now actually a two-step loading process. Earlier you really couldn't change it on the screen.

I was talking about changing the date of a saved flight to switch seasons, not the new flight, which is obvious. 

5 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

or perplexity

I was talking about changing the date of a saved flight to switch seasons, not the new flight, which is obvious. 

No sir, read again please. I never mentioned New Flight. P3D since the latest releases started showing the setup screen when you load a scenario. There you have the opportunity to change the date and time (or other parameters as well).

• Upvote 2

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

19 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

No sir, read again please. I never mentioned New Flight. P3D since the latest releases started showing the setup screen when you load a scenario. There you have the opportunity to change the date and time (or other parameters as well).

Exactly how I do it, load the flight plan there as well. Would be great if you could also set fuel load there, then wouldn't need to use menu system at all....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

@Wanthuyr: I didn't know that, thanks.

However soon as I select my saved scenario here P3D goes straight to loading it so how do you manage to return to the set up window? 

Edited by Dirk98

Yes, you're right, I've checked again and it's my SIMstarter settings get in the way.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Dirk98 said:

Dirk,

There is no point in changing a saved flight unless you plan on loading it.However, it's possible that I have no idea what you're talking about. 

Go to the Options/general,applications page and make sure that the "Show Scenario Startup Screen" is checked. Now when you load the saved flight, you can change the date, time and flight plan.

• Like 1

Tom

Use notepad++ or something else and look for the following section in the corresponding .fxml file

example:

<Section Name="DateTimeSeason">
            <Property Name="Season" Value="Winter" />
            <Property Name="Year" Value="2020" />
            <Property Name="Day" Value="10" />
            <Property Name="Hours" Value="13" />
            <Property Name="Minutes" Value="48" />
            <Property Name="Seconds" Value="13" />
        </Section>

I've done this several times. Valid date/day numbers are from 1 to 365 (366).

Edited by Nemo
  • Like 2

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

Use notepad++ or something else and look for the following section in the corresponding .fxml file

example:

<Section Name="DateTimeSeason">
            <Property Name="Season" Value="Winter" />
            <Property Name="Year" Value="2020" />
            <Property Name="Day" Value="10" />
            <Property Name="Hours" Value="13" />
            <Property Name="Minutes" Value="48" />
            <Property Name="Seconds" Value="13" />
        </Section>

I've done this several times. Valid date/day numbers are from 1 to 365 (366).

Thank you! I figured it out though there in the beginning of this thread and I'm using it this way no matter what other options are as suggested by some. 

On 2/21/2020 at 4:31 AM, Dirk98 said:

I think I've found the line under "DateTimeSeason", it must be it. Still I wish there was a tool for this.

Edited by Dirk98