Sign in to follow this  
Akki

Adding new aircraft type/airline to PSX

How do I proceed to add new ICAO airline and new aircraft type/livery to the PSX folders? Today the company I have in mind to add occur with wrong livery and type,how can I modify this and where do I need to put the correct ai livery files?

Appreciate step by step explanation

Akki

1 hour ago, Akki said:

How do I proceed to add new ICAO airline and new aircraft type/livery to the PSX folders? Today the company I have in mind to add occur with wrong livery and type,how can I modify this and where do I need to put the correct ai livery files?

That has nothing to do with PSXT... You should install the missing liveries in your flight simulator and then run AILGenerator (AILG) pointing to all your installed AI to get a new AI_liveries.xml upon which PSXT can make the correct livery matches.

I am not convinced that today in my installation of PSXT is based on my AI aircraft in FSX, while all liners occur perfectly despite of the one I am missing, and I am certain I do not have them in my AI library. If I remember correctly I used the FLAi_ setup when installing PSXT...so if I place the Avro RJ 100/85 and the ATR 72/600/500 there with the right livery it should work you mean? (SimObjects/Airplanes) folder

45 minutes ago, Akki said:

If I remember correctly I used the FLAi_ setup when installing PSXT...so if I place the Avro RJ 100/85 and the ATR 72/600/500 there with the right livery it should work you mean? (SimObjects/Airplanes) folder

No you should never put AI aircraft in SimObjects/airplanes ... That folder is for user flyable aircraft.

Add your missing liveries in a separate folder in FSX. If you would add them to FlAi they will be gone the next time you install a FLAi update.

OK, I have now however installed the right aircraft with the right livery as a flyable version into SimObjects/airplanes, what else is needed ( again sorry for being so dumm)?

And: do I give the corresponding ICAO code for the company to the aircraft.cfg file only or also somewhere else ( SCW and BRX )?

Edited by Akki

48 minutes ago, Akki said:

I have now however installed the right aircraft with the right livery as a flyable version into SimObjects/airplanes

That is wrong.

About airline ICAO codes, please read the AILGenerator Manual (section 3.4) and you will see where to put it.

Edited by kiek

Sorry, how can it be wrong to put a flyable aircraft in the SimObjects folder under Aircraft?

20 minutes ago, Akki said:

Sorry, how can it be wrong to put a flyable aircraft in the SimObjects folder under Aircraft?

That's not wrong indeed, I thought you were talking about AI aircraft. However, note that you better not use a flyable aircraft as AI aircraft because they cost much more cpu time in your Sim and it will lower your FPS dramatically.