Sign in to follow this  
nippa

1.9H Caption Panel and other lighting like the AP stuck on

Anyone else getting this:

After 1.9H , the Caption Panel and other lit warnings are permanently lit  in FSX SE.

It's as if the the Test Button works in reverse. Hold it down and the lights go out.

I've tried a variety of MS Default aircraft to start but no change so far. 

FWIW things seem to work as expected with P3Dv4.4

Edited by nippa
additional P3d result

1 hour ago, nippa said:

Anyone else getting this:

After 1.9H , the Caption Panel and other lit warnings are permanently lit  in FSX SE.

It's as if the the Test Button works in reverse. Hold it down and the lights go out.

I've tried a variety of MS Default aircraft to start but no change so far. 

FWIW things seem to work as expected with P3Dv4.4

A few users using FSX, FSX-SE or P3Dv3, etc., (32 bit sims) experienced problems, mainly flashing problems, with the Falcon50. For these users FSW modified (reduced the complexity) of the interior model file and this modified file is available on the FSW website at https://flysimware.com/website2019/flysimwares-falcon-50/   So one experiment you could try with FSX-SE would be to backup your Falcon50 interior model file ( called Falcon50_interior.MDL ) by temporarily renaming it (e.g., Falcon50_interior_ORIG.MDL) and substitute the modified interior model file to see if it makes a difference.  The Falcon's interior model file is located inside the Falcon's model folder.

I would also try deleting all Falcon50 saved flights.

Al

Thanks for your help Al

I started fresh installs in both FSX SE and P3D this afternoon so no saved flights to delete but did as you suggested and replaced the .MDL file.

No change at all. In FSX  SE ; the test button still operates in reverse but fine in P3D with the original file..... weird.

40 minutes ago, nippa said:

No change at all. In FSX  SE ; the test button still operates in reverse

I let Steam update and brushed the dust off FSX-SE and loaded V1.9H of the Falcon and the test light seems to work as it should.  What lights do you see on the light Warning panel and on the Overhead panel? While I don't know why it would make a difference, check you have the batteries and generators on, and the C, D and Flight Norm rotary bus switches are all vertical.

After the Falcon loads, you might try opening the "Hanger" (Shift+1), clicking on All Systems Off, then turn the batteries on and try the light test button.

Al

Edited by ark

Have seen some odd effects if you upgrade then load a saved flight. Found that setting everything up how you want to find it, then saving. Restarting the Sim and reloading sorts it out.

Only seen it first time I tried to use a new version after getting the version where the switch settings were saved. Might help....

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

Thanks for your help , at least I know that it's my FSX problem not the downloaded file

I've worked through all combinations of things to kill the lights , even a cold start (where the lights are off initially) brings up the same fault.

I then went back to 1.9c and the problem persists so proving that it's down to me. 

Every warning light from the annunciator panel to auto pilot in the pedestal to overhead is ON unless the test switch is held down with the mouse.

DC

1 hour ago, nippa said:

Every warning light from the annunciator panel to auto pilot in the pedestal to overhead is ON unless the test switch is held down with the mouse.

When you press on the test button with the mouse, does it animate? That is, does the button go down when pressed, and return out when released?

Pressing the test button activates an Lvar (variable) called (L:ANN_TEST, bool) that has a value of 1 when the button is held down, and returns to 0 when the button is released -- at least that's the way it should work. So I'm curious if in your case the button seems to be moving correctly in response to your mouse. Why it would not I don't know at this point.

Al

16 hours ago, ark said:

When you press on the test button with the mouse, does it animate? That is, does the button go down when pressed, and return out when released?

Al

I'd never noticed the button animation before.

Animated ...yes but stuck down ...and then rises when pushed. Quite the reverse of what you expect.

FWIW , FSX Steam Beta was installed last night but no change so back to the original.

As P3D is working normally with the animation ,  I'm going to give up now ; thanks again for your help

DC

Edited by nippa

2 hours ago, nippa said:

Animated ...yes but stuck down ...and then rises when pushed. Quite the reverse of what you expect

Well, that's what I suspected. Now the question is why is that switch variable getting initialized 'backwards' on your system?  Very strange.

Al

Edited by ark

Solved.

I found two copies of MFS Sim Connect Client running.

Removed the older version and now everything is fine.

4 hours ago, nippa said:

Solved.

I found two copies of MFS Sim Connect Client running.

Removed the older version and now everything is fine.

Well that's good news, thanks for closing the loop on this.

Al

Thanks for your help it led me in the right direction. Just a corrupt file.

FWIW , I now have 4 different copies of Sim Connect Client running to accommodate other add ons but the Falcon is flying nicely.

34 minutes ago, nippa said:

but the Falcon is flying nicely.

😊