Sign in to follow this  
BrettT

NGXu Questions (EFB, VR)

Hi,

I presently have the regular NGX.  I fly exclusively in VR.  One of the things that interests me about the refresh is the EFB.  The description says that it works with Navigraph, but does the EFB incorporate generic airport charts and approach plates based on the data base information in P3D (i.e. will it generate a generic approach chart in the EFB based on P3D information or is a Navigrah subscription required to take advantage of that feature?)

Also if any one has any experience with the NGXu in VR I would appreciate any feedback.

Kind Regards,

Brett 

Hi Brett,

I don’t think the EFB will generate generic charts for you. You’ll need the Navigraph subscription.

I suppose you could attach your own and pre load them within the EFB folder before your flight. There is a folder for that and that’s where I place my simbrief documents. 

The Navigraph feature does work wonderfully with the EFB though, so if it’s an option for you, I would recommend it.

I also fly exclusively in VR and the NGXu is fantastic to fly in it. Hope this helps. 

Cheers,

Terry 

One more quick question does the NGXu have tooltips when the cursor is hovered over the dial, etc?