Sign in to follow this  
sak1134

Yellowknife Scenery Installation Issue

I downloaded the Yellowknife scenery and photo real addon by Mark Beale, Shane Strong, Berwyn Goudey and I can't get the main scenery to install correctly.  I ran both installers and added the photo scenery to my library with no issue but when I try to add the airport itself FSX-SE doesn't find what it is looking for in the folder. I've been out of FS for a while so this is likely user error but I would appreciate a hand.

Thanks

I would hope that you ran the dual installer and correctly chose FSX and not P3D.  So, you are seeing entries in your scenery library?  Do they have check marks next to them?

I see a folder called SSM-CYZF Airport Base that contains a Scenery and Texture folder.  That should be in your Addon Scenery folder and can be added to your Scenery library.

I haven't looked at the Photo scenery download yet.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

OK, from what I found with the 2 downloads for this airport and photo-real scenery, this is all that needs to take place!

Install the folders to your Addon Scenery folder.  This was probably done by the auto-installer!

and then add to your Scenery Library!

yellowknife.JPG

yellowknife scenery library.JPG

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Hey, thanks for the reply. I figured it out. The issue was that I couldn't get it to appear on the last screen you show above. When I hit add area and selected the correct file, nothing would populate. I remembered this being an FSX Windows 10 bug but couldn't remember the fix. I finally found a video for it and all is good.