Sign in to follow this  
billyout

X-Plane help!

Hi my name is Bryan and I live in Berkhamsted Hertfordshire, I'm looking for any X-plane  simmers in the U.K that can help over the phone or in person on flight sim problems. I get frustrated when something is not working properly and the issuer of the product is very eager to hand you off into the .org forums, although the info you get from them is very welcome and mostly useful it isn't instant as a phone call or even someone sitting beside you in front of the same pc that you are. I'm an x PPL so I can fly, I also have spent Thousands of pounds on my flight simulator including all the latest flight sim hardware and peripherals not to mention the Chillblast pc with the highest spec they could sell me,  but  I cannot understand computer jargon most of the time. If  there is  any xplane11 wizards out there that can help I'm prepared to pay on a hourly basis either by cash, of if over the phone by bank transfer. my email is [removed] and phone no is [removed]. I look forward to any replies. Thanks for reading this appeal.

Bryan Reed

Edited by Jim Young
Use the AVSIM PM system for emails and phone numbers

Hi Bryan,

What is it you need help with?  There are plenty of site's you could visit, and youtube is a good place to look.

Rich

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

Where do I start.

GTN750 not running properly

active sky not running properly 

i need help with third party scenery 

amongst a shed load of other small but enjoying issues. 
it seems the hole Flightsim world want to spoil my fun.

anyway thx for the reply .....Bryan “word not allowed off from the u.k”

"Where do I start?"

First, did you read X-Plane's user manual? A good first perousal of its contents would be time well spent. And forums and Youtube are gold mines. All the best.

OK, I am newish to x-plane 11, had it about a year, and yes it can be over whelming.

First port of call https://forums.x-plane.org/

There are loads of folks there who will be able to help.

As far as GTN750 and active sky are concerned, I don't have them so I will not pretend to know what I'm doing. As for scenery,  I'm in Hereford and I have found scenery that is good and matches the area well. It covers most of Europe http://zonephoto.org/

It is fidely to setup, but once done, it's easy to setup more. I'll put a screen shot up in a while so that you can see.

Hope this helps a bit.

Rich

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60GHz. RAM 32 GB 1 500GB SSD and 1 2TB HDD NVIDIA RTX2080Ti 11GB WATER COOLED

I wish people would stop recommending the .org forum on here. Posting a question there will usually do nothing but spawn three false answers. Here at AVSIM it might be less busy, but users are more knowledgeable. If you happen to have issues with a certain add-on, it's of course always best to post in the dedicated support forum, wherever that is located (often on the .org if they sell the add-on).

• Like 1

-

Belligerent X-Plane 12 enthusiast on Apple M1 Max 64GB

I'm so so sorry Colonel X, I was just trying to help a fellow flyer.

Anyway, Bryan, sent you a private message.