Sign in to follow this  
Redjojo

I am getting just between 1-5 fps in FSX

my specs is core i3 -2330M 2.20GHz 4 GB RAM Intel Hd graphics 3000 total available graphic memory 1382 MB
OS WIN 8.1 32 Bit
FSUIP 4 and .net frame work 4.8  dx10 are installed
i was running steam edition normally i changed because Ivap don't open in full screen 
I have tried tweaking the settings i can't seem to get it to normal at all , this is odd because i was running the Sim in the same machine in the past but it was on win 7
even in win 8.1 it was better at the begining now it's impossible to deal with.
this is happening when chosing the aerosoft Airbus A320  but when i use the default aircrafts i get between 8-14 fps , is there any solustions
I have tried the regular fsx , fsx+acceleration pack , fsx+sp1,sp2  still the same issue

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Sorry, but your machine specs are such that you're going to have issues with any high quality aircraft or scenery. 

Default aircraft is about all you're going to be able to run with any decent frame rate, except perhaps some low res add ons.

Other than the i3 CPU you're starved for memory.  4GB is just not enough for FSX and the background apps.

Ernest Pergrem

On 2/22/2020 at 12:50 PM, Redjojo said:

my specs is core i3 -2330M 2.20GHz 4 GB RAM Intel Hd graphics 3000 total available graphic memory 1382 MB

Sorry to say that, but your laptop is not up to the task. I had a similar laptop (i5-2435M instead of i3-2330M), I had to be very careful with my settings... in FS9!! For FSX, I could only get barely acceptable performance with its default missions.

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

Red,

OTOH, Your machine should be able to handle stock FSX. It is a 32 bit game, so even if you had more ram, it wouldn't help. You should be able to run most setting fairly high. You don't need high water settings. They don't look that great. Maybe turn off shadows. You don't need any tweaks to speak of. They were developed when we all had Pentiums and other lessor hardware. 

But add on aircraft will be a problem. DX 10 will be a problem for you. 

As well as W 8.1. You've probably heard a manner of things about W10. It really is better.  

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.