Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Want ORBX FTX Central version 3 BACK!

Please tell me where to download ORBX Version 3 Central.   I thought all was OK, and it was when I retained version 3 while running version 4 Central.  It kept asking me if I wanted to delete version 3 when I started Central, and I refused.  Eventually though, I gave in and deleted version 3.  I thought all was OK, but now I see that I cannot correct ELEVATIONS at certain airports (KLAS, KDEN, Etc)  I tried the configure elevation control in ORBX vector, but nothing works.

When both versions of Central resided on my computer, all was OK.

Where is the specific location to re-download version 3?  I'll let it co-exist with version 4.

Thanks.

Stan

On the official Orbx forum there was a download link for Central version 3. It has been a while so I cannot remember under what topic it was located. You may want to try the Central verse 3 topic or version 4 topic. I am sure if you posted your request on their forum someone "official" could direct you to the download link.

Hi, Stan. I think that even if you get version 3, when you open it, it auto updates to V4.9.

Just a thought??

Mike

TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI)MOTHERBOARD 
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

I have version 3 and version 4 and both are working. I still have V3 installer file on my PC. Is it legal to upload it (dropbox/Google drive) so you can download it?

Edited by Branimir

I7-10700 (4.8 GHz with HT enabled)

2x16GB DDR4 3600MHz 

Gigabyte RTX 2070 Super OC Gaming

Stan, the "official" download link for FTX Central is no longer. There is a new version, 4.1 which can be accessed by opting in to the Orbx "Fastlane". So far it looks to have been well received. You might wish to try that before returning to a version that is rapidly becoming unsupported and already will not download some products.

Edited by Reader

3 hours ago, spilok said:

but now I see that I cannot correct ELEVATIONS at certain airports (KLAS, KDEN, Etc) 

Why do you need to correct elevations? Are these two airports FSDT? I have both and have never had elevation problems.

I tried the configure elevation control in ORBX vector, but nothing works.

Remove Vector for the time being and see any if there are any positive effects.

I would not be running these side by side, regardless.

2 hours ago, Litmoose said:

Have you set up the insertion points settings page correctly?

Another factor. Set insertion point to top. Run 'Sync', close, run P3D with no vector and see what happens.

I went over to ORBX 4 a few months ago and it seems to work well.

Cheers,

Mark

If you run P3D 4.5 HF 2, you should not need any elevation correction as long as your Add-ons airports are correctly positionned BEFORE any other less detailed (hence the necessity to verify your insertion points in Central)

Gérard

1 hour ago, gaab said:

If you run P3D 4.5 HF 2, you should not need any elevation correction as long as your Add-ons airports are correctly positionned BEFORE any other less detailed (hence the necessity to verify your insertion points in Central)

Gérard

I don't believe thats accurate, if you're running Vector...

Matt King

Maybe you should try before - if you have HF2...

Gérard

6 hours ago, Litmoose said:

Have you set up the insertion points settings page correctly? 

yes

7 hours ago, spilok said:

Please tell me where to download ORBX Version 3 Central.   I thought all was OK, and it was when I retained version 3 while running version 4 Central.  It kept asking me if I wanted to delete version 3 when I started Central, and I refused.  Eventually though, I gave in and deleted version 3.  I thought all was OK, but now I see that I cannot correct ELEVATIONS at certain airports (KLAS, KDEN, Etc)  I tried the configure elevation control in ORBX vector, but nothing works.

Where is the specific location to re-download version 3?  I'll let it co-exist with version 4.

Thanks.

Stan

It probably happens to you that ORBX Central messed up the layering order of some of your entries inside the Scenery.CFG. I can confirm that still with v4.0.39 ORBX Central continues to perform in this way, creating display issues, elevations being one of them.

You do well in posting here, since of you go to the ORBX forums they'll say they could not reproduce your issue, or will say that everything is just right.

Cheers, Ed

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

5 minutes ago, spilok said:

yes

Insertion points could be inserted Ok, but the ORBX products pack or group of sceneries should be layered correctly for them to work properly and so far, until v4.0.39 of ORBX Central, it continues to move them in an incorrect way.

This morning, after an update of my ORBX Libraries using ORBX Central, I've noticed again changes on my desired layering order, thus having to order them manually in the proper or required way.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

Using the latest OC 4.1 and it's excellent! Just install the add-ons the old fashion way into the sim and set your insertion point. Pretty simple.

• Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

21 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Using the latest OC 4.1 and it's excellent! Just install the add-ons the old fashion way into the sim and set your insertion point. Pretty simple.

Couldn't agree more (and congrats on your 5,000th post)!

It makes me sad that some people really seem to be struggling with Central 4 - it hasn't given me any problems since v4.0.20 last October. This version 4.1.0 is even better.

Here's how I make Central 4 work on my PC while using Lorby-SI P4AO and without any problems with scenery layer order
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/570896-organizing-add-onscfg/?do=findComment&comment=4186234

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter