Sign in to follow this  
cristian320

Linda and rotary encoders

Hello everybody! So here I am again asking the community for help regarding my setup. I have Fsuipc and linda setup in my pc and all is good up to this point.

I have built myself an fcu for an a320 with rotary encoders from ebay and plug and play leo bodnar 32 button interface. I connected the wires from the encoders to the interface and then  I connected it to the pc and it works. Linda sees it and I can use everything in fsx, all good. Here's the problem and I'll make an example to make it easier to understand.When I try to use the rotary encoders, lets the one connected to position 13 and 14(speed), it doesn't work properly(this happens both in fsx and in linda). If I twist it clockwise it won't go 14,14,14,14 but it will go 14,13,14,13,14,13. Same in the other direction, it won't go 13,13,13,13 but it'll go 13,14,13,14 meaning that the speed value will change by 1 but it will come back by one let's say 100,101,100,101.

Does anyone know what the problem could be? Is it the Leo bodnar interface? Are the encoders not good(all of them behave like this)?

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Have you downloaded the configure program to set encoders up?

Look at Almost Aviation on You Tube  on the cockpit videos Mark shows how to set them up using Linda.

Brian

That's how encoder works.

You can set it in FSUIPC as it's advanced user manual says, but I would not recommanded since it's super slow to run with FSX and will drop so many steps.

I use a MMJoy borad that have on borad chip and program for decode, that works much better than let your CPU to do it.

Unfortunately I wasn't here earlier to see the topic, but maybe late answer can also help.

The problem cristian320 described is caused by loss of contact from one of decoder's two outputs: if you connect only one output and the ground, decoder rotation will "push" buttons paired to decoder at BBI card alternately. The output wires should be checked - something is not connected well. (From my experience: the problem is always with the last connection that you check...)

It is also important to be very careful with detecting which of three pins at the decoder is common one (this one should be connected to BBI's ground pin; it is not always the middle one) - if it is mixed, the result is also strange.

Edit: Oh, yes, of course, BBI's inputs has to be paired for decoder through bbi-config utility, the card doesn't recognise decoder automatically.

With this preconditions, LINDA works wery well with BBIs and decoders.

Edited by Ruler