Sign in to follow this  
afb

Sacre Coeur and Montmartre Gone

For all the past years I have flown in Paris in FSX I wondered about the disappearance of Butte Montmartre and the iconic Sacre Coeur.  As a Francophile and a simmer I recall being fond of circling the very nicely modeled Basilica and appreciated the effort that went into modeling it.

It seems however that the last time I saw it was in my "Century of Flight" edition.

It was a complete mystery why and when the Butte which dominated the topography and the Basilica then shrunk down to almost nothing.  I have reinstalled FSX from the source disks maybe three times while setting up newer flight computers.  The only Paris changes I made were a highly detailed airport add-on of LFPG Paris De Gaulle.

Today I finally flew the Bell206 right up to the known Latitude (48d 53' 12") and Longitude (2d 20' 35") and took a pic.  I was amazed to find that the fine model that I remember was replaced by this non-descript building  The Butte on which the building sits is incorrectly represented in the terrain model as flat as a pancake!  I have a screen shot but since I will not use a 3rd party repository to link photos I will not add it here.

How could this be?  Have other other Francophile-Simmers out there encountered the same unforgivable error?

Montmartre SC.jpg

Edited by charliearon
Sorry, reached into your computer and added your pic!

I haven’t noticed myself but do keep in mind that some landmarks don’t show up in the sim unless you have the Scenery Complexity slider turned up to Dense or above. I’ve been to both of those areas in real life but never checked to see if they were in the sim. If they’re not, chances are they will be in the new version of MSFS.

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

14 hours ago, afb said:

Edited 3 hours ago by charliearon
Sorry, reached into your computer and added your pic!

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE ??????

And who in Hell is charliearon?

I'm the "HELL" a Moderator here and did you a favor by posting your screenshot!  Surprising stuff that a Moderator can do!

You posted your pic on the flightsim.com site.....I copied and pasted it into your post here!

Pretty simple!😉

• Like 1

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Saying you reached into someone's computer is not the same as copying a pic from a different forum.

As far as I'm concerned an act like "reaching into" is a breach of privacy and trust.

I had to spend hours in the past day to take any potential sensitive information off my system believing my system had been compromised by you.  Presently I have no assurance that it has not!

Not that it probably matters at this point but you are directed to remove my account in its entirety from your system.

You took it a little too seriously!  It was totally meant as a joke because you said you were unable to post a screenshot!

Apologies for the way I described putting your screenshot into your post.

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

Sorry, Charlie. This guy is a little too tightly wound. No offence intended, afb.

• Like 1

Bob

i5, 16 GB ram, GTX 960, FS on SSD, Windows 10 64 bit, home built works anyway.