Sign in to follow this  
himmelhorse

Bert Pieke

1 hour ago, Bert Pieke said:

And have to deal with the pipeline protests....  No Thank You  :unsure:

Ok, secretairy of Flightsim Affaires ✈️

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 hours ago, Rudderduck said:

I think High Commissioner of Flightsim Affairs would suit Bert better.

If it comes with a limo and driver, I'll take it :cool:

• Like 3

Bert

Yeah .... here's to Bert for everything he's done to help others. I'll nominate him for Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler and he'll get to sit on the dais all the time.

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Sending my sincere thanks to Gentleman Bert as well for his great service to the flight sim community. In recognition, I too fully endorse his nomination for the position of "GHEMR".

Not sure if that position includes a limo and a driver, Bert, but I hear it does include a fully crewed Embraer EMB-505 Phenom 300. (No, no Bert. Not the Carenado version. The REAL one!)

....Lloyd

• Like 1

Lloyd Noel (Ontario, Canada)

Intel i9 10900KF@5.2GHz / NZXT Kraken X73 AIO / MSI MPG Z590 Gaming+ / 32GB DDR4 3600 Corsair Vengeance LPX / Gigabyte RTX3080Ti Gaming OC / Corsair RM1000e 1KW PS / 1TB WD Black M.2 (Win 11 Pro) / 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 .(MSFS2020) / 512GB Sabrent Rocket M.2 (XP12) / 1TB TimeTec SATA (Misc. & FS Support)

On 2/25/2020 at 5:04 AM, himmelhorse said:

SledDriver,

I am going to assume that you are referring to my post and will respond accordingly.

Firstly, it has been a long, long, long time since I had F1GTN working, what I have said is based so much on memory.

Secondly, I have had almost .... well, not almost, by a long chalk, but (some) difficulties with the installation of RXP. I DID, however get support with the RXP and almost nothing but platitudes from Flight1.  Other than that, I have vague memories once I did get F!GTN installed, I had problems with functions not responding, not many, mind you, but one I distinctly recall, was never being able to get the transponder to change. There were others. I stopped using it in the end.

My biggest problem was trying to reinstall it following a power failure which took out my UPS, Motherboard, power supply and a few smaller components in one foul swoop. That one power failure cost me about AUD2000 just in computer repairs.  I replaced everything. Installed Windows on a new NVMe 1tb drive and then had the joy of re downloading everything else. I replaced FS2004, FSW, P3Dv4.5 HF2 AeroflyFS2 and DCS. On a whim, about three months ago, I decided to try the GTN again in the RealAir Duke B60 Turbine. That was the start of my problems, and Flight1 was telling me constantly (after being advised) that it was my antivirus (uninstalled specifically for the download and install) then it was Win Defender (turned off specifically for this download and install) and various other reasons.  It was NEVER the Purchase agent and it was NEVER the product. In the end it became a loop, doing the same things over and over again.  

I have to say that their forum, is riddled with much the same (unresolved) problems. However, in defence of the F!GTN, the problems that I remember were not deal-breakers, and, I am quite sure that there are many users out there who are very happy with the product. One has to admit in the same breath, however, that there are quite a few who are not. MY problems all came from support (I use the word very loosely) and not the product. 

So I went to RXP and, as I have stated, there was a problem with the install. BUT, the support, from Jean-Luc and in particular Bert Pieke was superlative. Therein lies the difference for me. I now have a product that is working after support (RXP) and one that is not, after support, Flight1.

If you had, and currently, have no problems with the F!GTN, then, as I have said to someone else in this topic, I genuinely wish you well. I am really glad that you are happy.  I WAS NOT.

Apart from all of that though, my impressions and opinions of that product are mine and based on my experience, and as such, it is only an opinion and should be regarded as just that. Please note also, that I have never denigrated the F!GTN Product.

Regards

Tony

Thanks for all that. It's always interesting how different users can have entirely different experiences of the same product.

The only bit of F1GTN I don't like is the install/reinstall method. I've always managed to make it work OK, but it's not that obvious.

Once installed, it has always worked well here.

One thing it doesn't do is Crossfill. Does RXP do that? That would make me migrate.