Sign in to follow this  
Dominique_K

Discovery EP : Waters of the World ?

With 8 EP  released or programmed we have now some ideas of what FS20 is all about, about Asobo's goals.  A welcome openness.

Now, if the team keeps up the pace of releasing these videos, I would suggest one dedicated to water with a two-pronged approach :

- visual : tropical coastal water, tidal basin, falls, silted rivers, swamps (Everglades !) 

- physical : waves and how the floatplanes will handle water at rest, taking off (step) and landing. 

A video that would make a lot of people happy, I think, specially the non-alpha simmers.

Edited by domkle
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 10

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Great idea Dominique. I have to say, that Donegal scene absolutely floored me and I‘d love to see more of that.

• Like 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2

37 minutes ago, domkle said:

- physical : waves and how the floatplanes will handle water at rest, taking off (step) and landing. 

I hope there will be a default floatplane at all. So far we've only seen the Icon A5 which isn't exactly the typical classic floatplane.

I'd like to see the XCub on floats for example.

Edited by RALF9636
  • Upvote 1

FS20? You mean MSFS?

• Upvote 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

1 hour ago, Shack95 said:

Great idea Dominique. I have to say, that Donegal scene absolutely floored me and I‘d love to see more of that.

The sea looked good enough for MSSS................or Microsoft Ship Simulator.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

I hope there will be a default floatplane at all. So far we've only seen the Icon A5 which isn't exactly the typical classic floatplane.

I'd like to see the XCub on floats for example.

A good Icon would make me very happy already ! But CubCrafters does offer (so to speak) an XCub version with floats indeed 😎

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

Yes Domkle I fully agree, as water  cover such a big part of the planet, this makes good sense, and i fully agree that shot of Donegal is just amazing, better than anything previously seen

What I want to see is water colors that change with weather. If winds are calm and it hasn't been raining then lakes, rivers and bays should be at their darkest and richest color but rain and wind can stir things up and make their appearance change along with runoff that muddies certain areas.  A lake or river might be more green in good weather and light brown in bad weather.  The bay areas will lighten in color and muddy runoff turns the colors of the near shore areas.

Flooding...Id love to have actual flooding that completely changes the landscape.  If they can do snowfall then I can't see why flooding should be much different.

Edited by sightseer
  • Upvote 3

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

I would love to see what water effects ASOBO come up with for float planes.

X-Plane offers particle effects which i have applied to a Solent , the default C172 and a couple of other aircraft.

Not perfect by any means, but I cannot do without them now.

Specs: Win10, 4790K, nVidia 1080ti, Saitek Yoke+Quadrant+Radio/Switch and AP panels, VRInsight 737 overhead, Virtual Avionics 737 MCP. 3 x 1440*900 main display + 1024*600 VDU display. NLR V3 Motion seat. Oculus DK2 CV1 HTC Vive VR headsets.