Sign in to follow this  
Skyseek

Hardware Requirements MSFS 2020 ATC

is MSFS going to run in a VM environment that will scale and provide the necessary horsepower to run the sim?

I can imagine what kind of processing and graphics  power will be necessary to drive the a High Resolution graphics we are seeing in the previews. 

I am also wondering if Microsoft will follow the Flight model, subscriptionizing every component, regions, aircraft, ATC.  As a hard core simmer, I didn’t even bother with Flight.

Also,  what ATC enhancements are planned? I stopped using X-Plane because of the lack of ATC interaction. Austin kept promising but never delivered. Even third party ATC programs didn’t control AI A/C as well as ( I believe Radar Contact did the best job) but MSFS ATC had pretty significant flaws, which have been well documented over the years. 

ATC is a core component of the flying experience.  I love graphics, but  realistic ATC is essential!

Look forward to see what Microsoft is going to end up delivering. 

Well one, subscriptions has been beat into the ground. No subscription. 

The software scales to your hardware. If you dont have the hardware, dont expect to run it in 4K all settings maxed and then complain. Much like xplane users do. 

Very little was shown about ATC, it's a wait and see. You know what everyone else knows.  

On 2/24/2020 at 5:23 AM, Skyseek said:

is MSFS going to run in a VM environment that will scale and provide the necessary horsepower to run the sim?

In my opinion everything that you can run on a physical machine can run also on a virtual machine. I am not sure if it is smart but I gues it can be done. 

What I understand is that in the demo's they run the sim on a RTX 2080 ti so if you are not happy with the performance you can always add another video card to the system or lower the resolution. Nobody tells you that you have to run in 4k. 2560 x 1440 is also a nice resolution.

We don't have a release date either so it is very well possible that new graphics cards are on the market when the sim is released.

I think current CPU's are not getting stressed by this sim. It will mostly be the graphics card that is the bottleneck. 

I don’t think mfs2020 is going to need as much power as you might think ? 

couple of points to note .. the world is uploaded by bing maps which microsoft owns , and the internet will be uploading scenery as we fly .. in short i think the azure will

be doing the leg work , the processor will be just streaming it on screen ... 

secondly . An hours worth of footage was uploaded // leaked online a few weeks ago and it showed a player messing up a landing ... it clearly showed the aircraft going theough buildings etc .. so the scenery seems to be not interactive with the protagonist . 

sure it’s a beautiful game and sure it’ll need a good cpu but not state of the art .. just my opinion . 

Edited by charliearon
Removed British word