Sign in to follow this  
Akki

Optimizing PSX,RealTraffic and FSX - start from scratch

Hi again,

now trying to set up the concept with clean start by first reading all Manuals deeply and after that re-installing latest versions of PSX, AIL and PPG + RealTraffic into my FSX - the reason for this is that the IRL traffic occur strange now and the so I think there is a mismatch with the AI list, ICAO codes etc.

Now I have a question regarding AI planes from which AIL will generate the correct xml file to be used for the service:

Previous I used FLAi and installed it which placed all aircrafts in FSX folder under SimObjects/airplanes which I was told is wrong, this is what I could see checking on this topic in Internet:

AI aircraft can be in the simobjects\airplanes folder - that's where the default are.

But I like to keep my airplanes folder moderately "clean" so I have AI in a separate folder.
To use this method, FSX must be told where to find them so you add an entry in the FSX.CFG like so:
in [main] section, just add appropriate entries for the location to your alternate folder(s) for aircraft

SimObjectPaths.6=G:\AddonAircraft
SimObjectPaths.7=G:\AIAircraft

Loyd”

I am confused - shall I create another folder like ”AI_aircrafts” and move all FLAi objects there or how/what?

Akki

1 hour ago, Akki said:

SimObjectPaths.6=G:\AddonAircraft
SimObjectPaths.7=G:\AIAircraft

I am confused - shall I create another folder like ”AI_aircrafts” and move all FLAi objects there or how/what?

Create a folder G:\FLAi  and move your FLAi liveries to there.

in FSX add:

SimObjectsPaths.8=G:\FLAi

In AILG define paths to G:\FLAi  and G:\AiAircraft (if you have liveries in hat folder too)

This way you are very flexible and you you can define in AILG which groups of AI have priority (higher in the folders list).

Later on you can for instance add folders for G:\FSPXAI and G:\FAIB, if you want more liveries.

Edited by kiek