Sign in to follow this  
spilok

Can't update REX Environment Force

Got a message today that REX Environment Force had an update.  Great!  However, I couldn't update because it said I had my limits on installations.  Wow, I only installed it once but I run it every day before I start P3d.  I don't get it, and REX is not making it easy to answer me.  I emailed them, but I haven't been satisfied with their response.  Seems I have to do a ticket and add an attachment, etc. etc.

This is a pain, and they should be able to check my email and my registration and quickly find out if I've reinstalled this program as much as they indicate.  I think it's  flaw in the system.  Have any of you had this issue before, and if so, how do you solve it?

Stan

Yes I just needed to contact REX support, and have given up. The entire experience is unnecessarily complex and user hostile.

Almost like they don't want you to contact them...

Some companies never learn.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, spilok said:

Got a message today that REX Environment Force had an update.  Great!  However, I couldn't update because it said I had my limits on installations.  Wow, I only installed it once but I run it every day before I start P3d.  I don't get it, and REX is not making it easy to answer me.  I emailed them, but I haven't been satisfied with their response.  Seems I have to do a ticket and add an attachment, etc. etc.

This is a pain, and they should be able to check my email and my registration and quickly find out if I've reinstalled this program as much as they indicate.  I think it's  flaw in the system.  Have any of you had this issue before, and if so, how do you solve it?

Stan

Stan how did you actually perform your update?

Also, I know this is a pain, but do you have access to to REX support at https://discordapp.com/?

Troy

Edited by troyboy66

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

2 hours ago, spilok said:

Stan

Stan -

You can automatically reset your serial key.

https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=5PDm-Xzh602JiRd9URMT-CTbBaP2SaVIqkD_yxMLYEpUQkY1OTJUQlVJUVYzTUhIMjNCWFozSFNNUSQlQCN0PWcu

Fill out the required information in the form and it will send you a confirmation that it has been reset.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

1 hour ago, SledDriver said:

Yes I just needed to contact REX support, and have given up. The entire experience is unnecessarily complex and user hostile.

Almost like they don't want you to contact them...

Some companies never learn.

That isn't true.  We just aren't using the forum method anymore for we found it to be more frustrating for customers.  We can better handle through our ticketing system and at a much more rapid pace.

We have a very high customer service rating.  

Don't blame us blame the pirates that steal software.  

• Upvote 1

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

But I went to your site and couldn't get support.

It wanted some user name which I just don't have.

I am a user, and I'm telling you it is unhelpful.

You are not listening.

You are just repeating your opinion.

Edited by SledDriver
  • Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, troyboy66 said:

Also, I know this is a pain, but do you have access to to REX support at https://discordapp.com/?

Troy

To get support please fill out a support ticket at our website:

http://rexsimulations.com/support.html

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

There is no support ticket option.

Only a get support option.

When I click that it asks for Rex forums names and Discord names.

How do I know what they are?

1 hour ago, troyboy66 said:

Troy

To get support please fill out a support ticket at our website:

http://rexsimulations.com/support.html

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

Discord is for general help, but the website posted will initialize a support ticket.

One of the support options is serial key reset.  This process is automated.

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

47 minutes ago, SledDriver said:

There is no support ticket option.

Only a get support option.

When I click that it asks for Rex forums names and Discord names.

How do I know what they are?

You can put in I don't know or NA for non-applicable.

But is key you enter your serial key and contact information so that we can validate your profile.  

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com

I installed EF several times and then deleted it.  I did not like the result.  I want to try the update.  Where to read, what changes are made to the program?

Edited by BMW969
  • Upvote 1

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

1 hour ago, BMW969 said:

I installed EF several times and then deleted it.  I did not like the result.  I want to try the update.  Where to read, what changes are made to the program?

https://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53672-rex-environment-force-technical-update-22/

Reed Stough
Managing Partner
REX SIMULATIONS 

supportwww.rexaxis.com